Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rut this weekend!?!? Please?!?!

Rut this weekend!?!? Please?!?!

Is the rut going to kick in this weekend with the low temps at night starting Friday night? What do you guys think? Rut at the beginning of shotgun ... :)

I'm pretty sure the best of the rut is over and not to sure any if us BOWHUNTERS are to excited about orange season or the week warriors stomping everywhere

I know I'll be out maybe the wed but for the most part I will be staying in close to some cover. I would NEVER go to public land that week.

Well I will be excited for both of us.

O lord....the pumpkin patch guys already talking stupid, Try this dude, hunt more than a week a year and you will know when the peak rut is. I hope they dont move at all for you lead heads.

No not talking stupid just like hunting in general, but thanks for your needless reply.

Lol! What ever makes u happy but I promise u if you pic up a bow you will be way more of a rush and its so much better feeling! Me personally will not be out at all during the week of gun season bc the people where I hunt the entire county that only gun hunts sits for like the first half hour of gun season and then the driving begins takin shots at running deer and shootin anything that moves! And then wanna call there self "hunters" lol this thread is gunna have a lot of posts I can feel it already. And no the bucks will not be chasing does like they were during the begining of November but I'm sure u will see a lot of bucks running with does but it's for a little different reason and that reason being they have been shot at 30 times in the last hour lol good luck

This should be the rule for Ohio.. You should have to put atleast 60 hours in the tree stand with a bow in ur hand befor u can pick up a gun the guys that bow hunt and then pick up a gun that's fine I understand that. But the guys that go out a week a year and stomp around all over the woods that's just stupid it messes bow hunting up for awhile! Just saying!

What is funny to me is that I never said one thing about not bow hunting or anything like that I simply had a question. Who would have thought a forum was the wrong place for a question. I have spent many hours in my climber with my hoyt. Just plan to do some shotgun hunting too.

Well than u should no just as much as the next guy on here that rut has pretty much come and gone and good for you! Nothing wrong with hunting with a gun I just don't find it satisfying killing a deer with a gun it's not a challenge to me. It might be for you and that's good as long as ur enjoying what you do. Just hate the strictly week worriers. Haha

Thread Information