Thread: Rut questions

Rut questions

Hi All,

Does anyone have any information on Ohios rut report, I'm in Adams County, my lease is just outside of West Union. I bow hunted it the Week of Nov 3rd for the first time and there was very little rut activity.

I plan on hunting the first firearm season starting the 26th and I was just curious what was going on if any?

I was just hunting in west union this past weekend. Saw plenty of very nice bucks, just none of them came into bow range, if I were gun hunting, I would have a very nice buck on the wall though! There was evidence of some rutting activity, but I reccomend you don't use any scents or calls, they are very wise bucks out there.

well all I can say is this rut is normally about begining of Nov to mid to late nov
    BUT as soon as gun season starts I would think that would slow down most day time activiety as for rutting on all but very low pressure lands
    an army of orange armed people entering the woods really seems to put a dent in the mood for some romance! thus changing the rut even if its there when it opens up!
    but deer live in teh woods 24/7 so any chance out there is a good chance if you ask me! plus come gun season so many deer get moved due to the army entering the woods and moving them so??
    I would count more on that movement than rut activety come gun season!

Thread Information