Thread: Really!?

Hybrid View

That's ridiculous. Part of the process of teaching the next generation is teaching them to get their hands dirty. As a father, I could see me helping my son or daughter gut their first deer, but I'd help them, not do it for them let alone have the butcher do it for them.
    "I'm no scientist, but I might be onto something here. Over the past few years I've noticed that there seems to be a direct correlation between hunting season and angry wife season." - Me

Live in Akron and hunt mostly in Carroll County
    Ridiculous. Sounds to me that daddy didn't want to get a little blood on his hands. If I'd been the butcher I would have handed the dads the knife.
    I may be opinionated...but, my opinion is the only one that matters anyway.

Wow just wow. There have been two deer in my life that I didnt gut. My first deer and my first buck. I didnt gut the buck because my dad didnt want me to cut a finger off I was shaking so bad. Now gutting a deer is only a 10-15 minute process from start to finish its really not that hard so I dont understand how as a father you can teach your boys that part of the process. I just dont know what to say. Most butchers will charge an additional fee if the deer are not field dressed.
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

Currently Mason, but raised in adams county
    I forgot to mention, I talked to the butcher after they left and he told me he charged them an extra $30 bucks each. I asked him how often that occurs (I assumed this was a first) and he told me its not uncommon over the past few years! Said he probably has to gut 10-12 deer a year!! I am just baffled how you can call yourself a hunter and not even know how to gut a deer!!

Thread Information