Thread: Meigs county

Meigs county

Coming up this weekend nov17-18 in rutland area any one have any info on the rut status in that area not been able to make up until now. Would be my guess that I have missed it but sometimes things happen! Thanks in advance for any info.

Currently Mason, but raised in adams county
    Not near meigs but remember it is youth shotgun season so remember to bring your hunter orange.

I would say you will still have a decent chance of seeing a buck I believe the way the rut was last year that something has them messed up they did not really chase a lot last year just kinda randomly only seen one aggressive chase last year and there were three bucks on one doe. this year my son seen it this past weekend and I seen small bucks and doe and they were not really even paying attention to one another. If it's suppose to be then you will have your chance, but can't do any good on the couch so don't worry about the rut just go enjoy the privilege of being able to go good luck. We are taking some youths hunting so maybe they can get one.

Last year was my first year hunting Ohio so I may be way off?

I hunter in the region last Saturday and saw 5 bucks. None were together, the biggest one I saw was big and he was with 5 does. The other bucks were working the doe trails. All daylight hours, 8-8.30 am and 5 pm. I don't know that they are actually making it with the does but tons of activity, I turned left off 33 and you are right of 33 so.
    If there were 8 days in a week I would hunt 8 days

Thread Information