Thread: Redemption on the "My Shadow" Buck

Threaded View

Redemption on the "My Shadow" Buck

All I can say is that it has been a less than exciting week of hunting. I passed a few good deer over this past week end and into the first part of week. I had my sights set on a shooter 9pt. Ifinally got the right wind to hunt him Tuesday Eve. At 4 PM I heard a buck roar on ridge above me in thicket. I waited a few minutes and gave him one right back along with some aggressive grunts. I immediately heard him coming grunting and thrashing with every step. Everything was perfect, right wind heading right for shooting lane. As he approached shooting lane with his head behind a large tree I just started to flex my elbow to draw and BAM!! he turned inside out and bolted. I was sick and confused as to what spooked him then I looked forward and saw the perfect human sillouette right in front of where he stood. He saw my shadow move and end of story. Well that story anyway. After a miserable nights sleep the wind was still northerly so I said what the hell, you never know. So I headed back to that set for a morning hunt and at 7:15 here he came opposite direction up the same trail all by himself and read the script. End of story for the "Shadow Buck".
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0744[1].jpg  
    "LEARN FROM THE DEER YOU HUNT" NOT THE OUTDOOR CHANNEL !!!

Thread Information