Thread: WV Buck down!

WV Buck down!

Nice deer, congrats
    Don't ever let the truth get in the way, of a good story

A nice deer is a nice deer, no matter what side of the river it came from. Congrats.
    I have strong opinions about God, Guns, Guitars and Harley Davidsons, I can remain open minded about everything else.
    Member of Pope & Young, and Buckeye Big Buck Club.
    Member of the Bloody Blazers, 2011-2012 team challenge winners.

Nice WV buck congrats.

well congrats to you on a fine deer

Solid WV buck! Congrats!
    Mathews Chill-R, Carbon Express, Rage

Nice WV buck, congratulations. Good luck in Cooper, that's my neck of the woods. What's the story?

Well, He was the fifth buck that I saw that day. All of them smaller. I haven't hunted this spot for a couple of years. I mainly hunt at my inlaws and they have 40 acres in Mason county WV. It was about 4:45 and I was watching a couple of does come by below me. As I was standing there watching them I heard some leaves russel behind me. I turned and he was coming down a trail on the side of the hill behind me 25yds. Took one look at the antlers and decided to shoot. He stepped in my lane and I let it fly watching the arrow pass thru. Now comes the weird part. He never jumped, flinched or ran. Just stood there for a second and then proceded to walk up the hill. I started to second guess myself and then I thought I gut shot him. He was perfectly broadside and we were level with each other. I see him walk to the top of the hill and watch him bed down. Now I think to myself that I have gutshot him and I am going to have to sit here til 9:00pm waiting for him to expire. Maybe a minute goes by as I am trying to watch him thru the brush I see him get up and fall over. end of story. I caught him high and back. I thought liver but it was ok. Maybe back end of lungs or the deer aorta or cava as it runs down. Not sure just glad I got him.

Now I am concentrating on my Ohio tag. I had a nice 8 pt come under me Saturday. Was a little bit bigger, but If I have to kill myself getting it out of the places I hunt at cooper, it is going to be pretty big.

Blackbeard, that is such a nice area there. I never see a lot of deer though. Just a few most times I am out. Seems like 90% of the people there are from out of state. In the early season sometimes I feel like I am the only one there. But when November rolls around there are a lot of vehicles. Only once have I started in to hunt and there were some guys in my area and I Knew that when I pulled up. I got there late. I guess I could have been a pr&*^ and walked by them. I wanted to go a lot farther than where they were at, but I just turned around and went to another spot. Thats when I saw the bigger 8 pt. Probably 100 inch deer. The last couple of years I have covered a lot of ground there in the off seasons. I am hoping lady luck will catch up with me there also.

Live in Akron and hunt mostly in Carroll County
    Good buck, congrats.
    I may be opinionated...but, my opinion is the only one that matters anyway.

Congrats on a very nice buck. Good luck

Thread Information