Thread: Southern Ohio Deer Activity (Clermont, Brown, Adams County)

Southern Ohio Deer Activity (Clermont, Brown, Adams County)

As many of you know the weather has been up and down in southern ohio (south east of cincinnati). How much does that play into role with the activity of the deer. First time bow hunter trying to learn all he can. I have seen some activity but mostly in evening, but with it getting ready to go into the sixties in and over the weekend will this slow them down. Is anyone from around clermont brown adams county experiencing anything different.

in brown here was out lst three days now saw a 4 py mon with two young does just walking, tues nothing, wed had seen some bucks following does but not chasing yet also saw two bucks strolling together not seeming to worry about does in feild , i actually had golden estrous wicked by the stand where a six point walked by without a whiff. I'm hoping it starts lol soon

Last weekend in Clermont county was good. We had lots of action Saturday morning. I saw several shooter bucks (I killed my buck the weekend before). I'm taking a few weeks off to allow my hunting buddy an opportunity to kill a buck without me being in there and killing does. Good luck.
    Bear Lights Out 27"/60#
    Beman ICS Hunter 400 arrows
    Whisker Biscuit
    Extreme Archery 3 Pin Sight
    100gr Rage 2 Blade

"There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period."

Ted Nugent

Brown Cty Rut

I guess this is it this am I went out saw a 6 a good 8 and a couple of other misc bucks spikes or broken antlers running does all over the corn feild kept up for about 2 hours then all went quiet here would have taken the 8 but never gave me a clean shot! Cant wait till this evening
    Oh I had Golden estrous on the wicks and the two bucks with broken antlers were drooling and stomping

Quote Originally Posted by Roxman View Post
    I guess this is it this am I went out saw a 6 a good 8 and a couple of other misc bucks spikes or broken antlers running does all over the corn feild kept up for about 2 hours then all went quiet here would have taken the 8 but never gave me a clean shot! Cant wait till this evening
    Oh I had Golden estrous on the wicks and the two bucks with broken antlers were drooling and stomping
    what exactly does it mean when they are drooling and stomping. I have seen a few posts that state that.

Clermont County Activity________
    Friday night cam picked up a few bucks fighting but still traveling together, picked some does over night,
    Saturday morning-- 8 point by himself trail cam
    Saturday night -- I saw a six point come in about 6pm

Thread Information