Thread: Youth hunt at Woodbury

Youth hunt at Woodbury

I'm from Tennessee and will be taking my two sons, ages 14 and 16 to Woodbury for the youth hunt on Nov. 17-18. They have both been hunting deer for 7 years and have taken over 30 deer between them. We have plenty of opportunity to shoot deer, but we are coming to Ohio to have an opportunity at a better quality deer than we would have in Tennessee.

I'm not looking for a Boone and Crockett size deer, but just a quality buck. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what part of Woodbury we may want to hunt? They will be using in-line muzzleloaders with a range of probably 125 yd. What should we expect as far as the number of hunters that weekend? Also, we are planning on camping in the campground at Woodbury. Does it normally fill up during this weekend?

As far as the hunting, what should we expect to see as far as number of deer? Will the rut still be going or will it be over?

Any information to help me plan this trip would be greatly appreciated.

im not sure about the place u will be hunting but im thinking that it will be a great time for ur boys to hunt they should be in lock down by the 12th and trying to find the last few does to breed when ur hunting so it should be some pretty good hunting! good luck to ur boys

Quote Originally Posted by BowGuy2 View Post
    im not sure about the place u will be hunting but im thinking that it will be a great time for ur boys to hunt they should be in lock down by the 12th and trying to find the last few does to breed when ur hunting so it should be some pretty good hunting! good luck to ur boys
    Thanks, we are really looking forward to it. I'm trying to make it a good trip for them.

Hey, Sound's like you have a fun trip planned. As with any new spot it takes time to get accustomed to things and Woodbury isn't the easiest place to hunt due to all the pressure but there are good deer in there. I have hunted it the past 4 years and
    had some success. Will PM you with some more info.

Thread Information