Thread: broad heads

broad heads

I have used Blood Runner broad heads for three years and killed every deer I hit with them. This year I noticed that they are made a little different than before. Well they will not withstand me shooting them into a normal standard target, they break. I have gone through two packs this year. I went yesterday and wanted to see what else was out there. I picked up a three pack of Rage Extreme 2.3 cut mechanical broad heads. I am lost for words. I shoot them at 20 yards and what do I see, a spread pattern of two foot, yes 24 inches. One of them that hit the target just flew apart. I believe I am going to just go back to some fixed Muzzy's. I put an old muzzy on and at 20 and 30 yards direct bulls eye.
    If there were 8 days in a week I would hunt 8 days

Live in Akron and hunt mostly in Carroll County
    I'm a big fan of Muzzy. I shoot the older 4 bladed 100 grain 1" cut diameter out of my crossbow. They shoot best for me and have performed very well on the deer I have taken with them. I will use them as long as I can find them. I'm not a big fan of mechanical heads, but admit I've never shot one. I hear to many stories of blades not opening.
    I may be opinionated...but, my opinion is the only one that matters anyway.

I was about to try the Bloodrunners...Guess I will stick with Muzzy. I have used the original Rage's, but they open up too easy in the quiver and on the rest and make a lot of noise...I always end up having to close them before I can shoot them. Anyway, thanks...
    FAIR CHASE...The difference between HUNTING an animal and just SHOOTING one!

Hudson, Ohio I hunt mostly in Jefferson County
    I use Magnus Stingers fixed broadheads. I have never had and issue with accuracry with them and there are no moving parts to malfunction. I also know people that use muzzys and love them.

S.E.Michigan to live & S.E. Ohio to dream
    I would be contacting the manufacturers on both of those heads!! Esp. the Bloodrunners breaking into a friggin target. Sounds like the Rages were opening on their way.....

Muzzy man here too! I've been close to getting caught up in the hype of mechanicals. An area archery shop said that a properly tuned bow and proper form will shoot good quality regular style heads like field points day in and day out! I can hit a baseball size target with my muzzys out to 40 yrds!

Mike

Thread Information