Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Honest Answers Please

Honest Answers Please

I feel that the rut stages have been going on for awhile. It is peaking right now in most places I have survied. In just a few more days I think they will be locking down, and already have in some spots. Early, as I thought. I would like to know from the guys who use the predictions from what they read in the mags, see on TV, Charles Asheimers predictions, Lunar tables, or whatever, to tell us if they are accurate or still could be this year. I've never gone by them so I don't pay much attention. If you don't agree with me on my feelings on where things are right now, let me know.
    I have strong opinions about God, Guns, Guitars and Harley Davidsons, I can remain open minded about everything else.
    Member of Pope & Young, and Buckeye Big Buck Club.
    Member of the Bloody Blazers, 2011-2012 team challenge winners.

Alsheimer's predictions seem to be not too far off when it comes to what I'm seeing. His predictions were:

Seeking 10/29/12-11/05/12
    Chasing 11/02/12-11/09/12
    Breeding 11/09/12-11/16/12

I think the week of warm weather October 22-26 followed by 5 days of intense rain fall and wind got the rut started off in a bad way. I've not saw nearly as much chasing, hard core seeking, etc as usual. Does seem to be hiding out in the oaks and not moving much. The doe I saw being chased yesterday was going to be bred within 24 hours for sure.

I think you have about one more week of great action. After that you will definitely be getting into the lockdown.

The action hasn't even started in stark county..

I agree. Lock down is coming soon. Hoping to get through the weekend with some decent action.

Summit Co. just some pushing going on, nothing Saturday and Sunday.. think it is finally kicking in this week

Not so sure what to think. Found fresh scrapes a couple weeks ago. As of this past sat. & sun they haven't been touched. Seen no deer both days. Monday had 12 does a group of 8 followed by 2 then 2 more.only buck was a small 6 and he showed no interest in the does at all. He acted as if they weren't even there. Tuesday the same 6pt and no does,today nothing at all.

Things really kicked in where I'm at three days ago, lots of small bucks seeking, only 1 shooter buck sighting, hopefully this warm weather this weekend doesn't stop everything and next thing you know it will be lockdown. A lot of the veteran bowhunters will tell you though that the best week to hunt is the week after lockdown when only a few does are left to breed. They say that's when the mature bucks are most vulnerable.

ok guys, First Year Bow Hunter, Trying to learn all i can. I have seen little action in person but trail cam has picked up descent action around 5p. to 7p. & late in the evening 9-10p.m. working alot so i get in stand when I can. The last two times Sat & Tues. i have went have been morning hunts. but have not seen anythig at all. I have been told that especially during rut they can come out anywhere anytime. my question is what is lockdown and how long does it usually last.

Check the trail cams big bucks still moving at night. The rut in my area is not here yet and was down in Carroll County this week and saw very little rut activity. Saw does with no Bucks ? ? ? The week of the 12th is going to be HOT in my opinion !

Thread Information