Thread: Is It To Late To Move A Pop-Up

Live in Akron and hunt mostly in Carroll County

Is It To Late To Move A Pop-Up

I have seen a good amount of deer, no shooters yet, but most of the deer are staying just north and west of me about 30-50 yards. I'm thinking of moving my pop up tomorrow about 30 yards to the north. This pop up is a very small one man, low profile, chair blind. It makes a very small footprint in the woods, but I'm sure the deer will see it as somthing that "wasn't there before". My better judgement tells me to stay put, but I'm afraid if I do when a shooter shows he will be out of range. Do you guys think it is to late in the game to make such a move?
    I may be opinionated...but, my opinion is the only one that matters anyway.

I would opt to just sit tight. With all the movement there bound to walk by your blind from 30-50 yards away. I made this mistake a few days ago. I sat in my blind on the edge of the bean field and watched four does and one shooter buck about sixty yards from my blind down the field edge. I tryed everything to get him seperated from the does, but he just wasn't coming. So the next night I brought a chair and set up on the edge were I saw them the night before. The sit was pretty uneventful till about right at last shooting light a big old 10 or 12 point walked right in front of the blind i was in the night before. No more than five yard in front of it. If i was you I'd just sit tight.. just my 2cents

Dick if you move that blind it's going to be alot of work!!!! Oh sure......the blind may not be all that difficult to move......but then you've got the microwave, mini frig ect. to move and that's going to take time and make alot of racket!!!
    Enjoy your hunt- the long sit......... the cold.......the rain and snow......the peace and quiet, it may just be your last hunt........... you never know.

No Stonegod that's your blind!!!!!:-p dick will be fine he knows his deer better than anyone. I never leave anything in the woods that could possibly add to someone's collection off stolen hunting gear I set mine up every trip every place I put it up I have a brush pile already set up cover it up and hunt. So to answer your question I'd say yes as long as you are good with the result. But I've moved my set before and the next time he showed up was rt where the blind was the first time. Hope what ever you choose works out for u.
    ******* man's only natural predator is man himself *********** poet's name buckstalker17 !!!! And to think my highschool teacher told me sitting on my tail all day would get me nothing in life .

BOWTECH CARBON KNIGHT 4.4 LBS LOADED
    QAD REST
    ARMORTECH SIGHTS

I wouldn't move it if it was me, but if you want to move to another spot, just go and brush yourself in a bit and sit without a blind. I think this would be a smarter move. I have killed deer this way in the past, so I know it's possible. Good luck Dick.
    I have strong opinions about God, Guns, Guitars and Harley Davidsons, I can remain open minded about everything else.
    Member of Pope & Young, and Buckeye Big Buck Club.
    Member of the Bloody Blazers, 2011-2012 team challenge winners.

Quote Originally Posted by radicalxl View Post
    I wouldn't move it if it was me, but if you want to move to another spot, just go and brush yourself in a bit and sit without a blind. I think this would be a smarter move. I have killed deer this way in the past, so I know it's possible. Good luck Dick.
    I'm with radical, since that's what I do. Actually I think it was radical that gave me that advice 2yrs ago.LOL You could also just go get one of those rolls if 4ft wide camo burlap and find a group of saplings and make a semi permanent blind for the season, I've done this when the heavy snows knock down my blinds and I need a quick set up to hunt from....... it works great.
    Enjoy your hunt- the long sit......... the cold.......the rain and snow......the peace and quiet, it may just be your last hunt........... you never know.

Thread Information