Thread: Advice for new bow

Advice for new bow

I,m new to bowhunting and looking to buy a new bow, Ive looked at several and due to budget Ive narrowed my choices to the bear encounter or the pse stinger. Was hoping to get opinions on these two bows or suggestions on other bows in the same price range......thanks for any input

Wish I could give you some advice but, the only thing I would say is go to the local bow shop and shoot the bows you described! Everything feels different to people so only you will know!! I did start out with a bear! Both nice bows.
    2008-2009 Team Challenge Champs
       -Team Backstrap Fever
    Blackbeard        
    Curran        
    Deerhunter        
    Ffkevin        
    YouthHunter

"He who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes, he who doesn't is a fool forever"

Thanks, planning a trip to cincinnati BPS soon

Hoyt also makes a bow I think it's the vector that is a little cheaper than the other hoyts, still a real nice shooting bow. Set my buddy up with one a couple weeks ago and he loves it.
    2008-2009 Team Challenge Champs
       -Team Backstrap Fever
    Blackbeard        
    Curran        
    Deerhunter        
    Ffkevin        
    YouthHunter

"He who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes, he who doesn't is a fool forever"

On the Hoyt front, their new Charger is nice. It's their "budget" bow. If you're from the Cinci area I saw one at Target World for around $700 with everything but arrows. I currently shoot a Bear Lights Out and I love it. I would say shop around, hit some of the local smaller shops too. Sometimes they have more time to spend with you answering questions and getting you set up right than the bigger box stores. The most important thing is to find a bow that fits you right (draw length). Your arms and back will thank you later.
    Bear Lights Out 27"/60#
    Beman ICS Hunter 400 arrows
    Whisker Biscuit
    Extreme Archery 3 Pin Sight
    100gr Rage 2 Blade

"There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period."

Ted Nugent

Thanks for the replies and advice

best advice anyone can give you go shoot bows, a bow no matter the name, if it fits you wel you will shoot it better than a high dollar bow that doesn't
    second, make sure when you get it, that it is in tune, paper test it, work with a bow shop that will teach you how to and show you that it is in tune
    other than that, practice practice practice
    and welcome to the bow hunting world!

Just got a hoyt rampage today.......time to get shootin

Hudson, Ohio I hunt mostly in Jefferson County
    Good luck with your new bow. Hoyt makes a great product. I have the bear encounter and it is a great bow. Very forgiving for such a small bow.

Thread Information