Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rut is in full gear

Rut is in full gear

Magic had happened over night. Didn't plan on spending all day in stand but the activity has not dampened all day. Living on Halloween candy all day.

In some places yes and some places no noble county showed no rutting at all but up home deer chasin all over the place

had to work this morning and on my way to work up 71 and then 271 i saw 5 bucks either chasing does or just cruising across fields... and one of the 5 was dead on the highway...

my hunting buddy spent the entire day on stand at a property we hunt in medina county and rattled in pretty good 6 point and had a smaller buck (action was to crazy for him to count points) run does past the stand several times...

also on the same property my father passed on a decent 8 point last night (sat.)...

Anyway IT'S ON in northeastern ohio!

Quote Originally Posted by deerguy10 View Post

Anyway IT'S ON in northeastern ohio!
    I dont know about Summit Co. Saw some pushing going on friday night, then not a single peep in the woods Saturday and Sunday...

Quote Originally Posted by CityBoyzOutdoors View Post
    I dont know about Summit Co. Saw some pushing going on friday night, then not a single peep in the woods Saturday and Sunday...
    I hunt Medina/Summit County line and saw pretty much same thing. Not a single deer from the stand on Saturday or Sunday. Only deer I saw was after getting bored and climbing down from stand to walk farm searching for any fresh sign. Saw a decent buck walking behind a group of does, but he definitely was not chasing. I saw way more action last week where I saw 7 different bucks, two of which were hot on the tails of single does. I would hate to think the bucks are already "locked down"
    Limbsaver DZ-30, Carbon Express Terminator Lite, 100 gr steelhead, Tru-Glo, Tru-Fire

Bucks are not already on lock down what so ever and I would not be walking around my hunting proporty this time of the year? Decently not the time to be scouting around what so ever I seen 22 deer Sunday in Wayne county 2 shooter bucks and the rest were does or bucks that were 115 to 125 1 was dogging the doe that I double lunged passedon 9 bucks yesterday 1 of the shooters never made it to me befor dark. And I only sat for 30 min in the morning bc I busted that doe and got into the stand at 3 in the afternoon but lock down no deff not

Quote Originally Posted by Bigcity View Post
    I hunt Medina/Summit County line and saw pretty much same thing. Not a single deer from the stand on Saturday or Sunday. Only deer I saw was after getting bored and climbing down from stand to walk farm searching for any fresh sign. Saw a decent buck walking behind a group of does, but he definitely was not chasing. I saw way more action last week where I saw 7 different bucks, two of which were hot on the tails of single does. I would hate to think the bucks are already "locked down"
    I also hunt the Medina/Summit line on the summit side, don't think they are locked down, just think it really hasnt kicked in yet, bucks might be ready while the does aren't.

i went out saturday evening and saw 2 does and one buck it looked to be a 6 point and he was taking the same path one of the does were so i would say its on in coshocton county.

Just bc a buck takes the same path as a doe doesn't mean it's rut. Lol I have seen this happen all year does that mean rut has been in since September? Lol

well when he was taking the same path his nose was on the ground the whole time. just like he was chasing her. in my opinion the rut is in but then again i could be wrong

Thread Information