Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rut is in full gear

Good luck on the test and better luck in te woods haha

Quote Originally Posted by CityBoyzOutdoors View Post
    Dang! too bad im 200 miles away at school right now, think it will still be happening this weekend in Summit??
    Ive only seen two shooter bucks so far though. Last night (weds) unbelievably I didnt even see a deer

This whole week has been pretty nonstop action though

Quote Originally Posted by Rip View Post
    I hunted the last 4 days in a row and this is the least amount of action I have seen for this time of year. Hunting athens county and did not see any kinda of rut activity at all. Last night at dark saw a mature buck being pretty aggresive on making scrapes and rubbing tress. The does seem to be seperating a little and the little bucks are cruizing.
    I hope that things are just getting started.
    Im with you. I hunt the middle of Fairfield county and I am seeing the does separate too. Tuesday night I could barely get to my stand. I got to the field and started to work my way to my stand and saw a 140's 8 pt cruising down the edge of the field between 3 and 4. He cut into the valley and I sat down against a tree and waited. As I sat there a nice shooter for some, 6 pt (120ish), come out of the valley and walked right by me 10 foot away and never knew I was there. Then I went to my stand. Where I was sitting, Wildlife, a member here, watched the big 8 come out of the valley and go right where I was sitting and kept smelling the ground for a few minutes. Well when I sat down there I pulled out Code Blue deer estrous jell and had it on a limb. He was never spooked he just walked off. Yesterday I called in a small 6 and 10 minutes later I saw a big 10 150's get up, shook off and started licking limbs. I called he looked but never come. I am noticing the last few days that they are not responding to doe calls, but they are as of yesterday responding to buck grunting.
    If there were 8 days in a week I would hunt 8 days

Did not get to hunt yesterday but when I was running around before dark yesterday I saw deer eveywhere. Even right close to town. I would say what ever trips the trigger happened around here yesterday evening. Ticks me off because I can't hunt till saturday!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord ToneKing View Post
    Ive only seen two shooter bucks so far though. Last night (weds) unbelievably I didnt even see a deer

This whole week has been pretty nonstop action though
    I had lots of action in Summit County on Tuesday but not nearly as much last night only seeing two small bucks. It was crazy on Tuesday though. I'm hopeful this weekend the big boys will start to show themselves. Most of the bucks I've seen have been 1 to 2 1/2 year olds. Saw a stud Tuesday evening but ran out of daylight. I'm staying out of the stand tonight but hitting hard tomorrow through Tuesday.
    Limbsaver DZ-30, Carbon Express Terminator Lite, 100 gr steelhead, Tru-Glo, Tru-Fire

I haven't been seeing crap in the evenings, small bucks in the mornings. My dad said he had two decent bucks come down a path not far from him about an hour apart and they both fed around in the cut corn for a while. I'm in stark county and its not happening here yet.

if you are around Athens county it is on!!!!!! hunted yesterday evening, but went to a new spot, and it took me forever to find a decent tree to climb. once i got settled in there was only 45 min. of shooting light left. as soon as i settled in i started grunting, and using the doe bleat here and there. wasn't 5 minutes, and here comes a small 6 pt. he smelled around 15 yards from me, then he faded away over the hillside. at this time there's only maybe 15-20 min. minutes of shooting light left. i started grunting again, and 10 minutes later i hear crashing coming straight at me from 100 yards away! i knew right away it was a buck. the sounds get to within 40 yds. of me to my left, but i cant even see that far at this point. i flipped my headlight on, and what i seen with my own two eyes i'll probably never see again in my life! 2 boone & crockett 200 inchers 10 yards from eachother! i couldn't pick the deer up through my scope, and i've never been so frustrated in my life! nothing i could do. well the reason they ran down to the left of me was because the wind was blowing that way, and they were wind checking the situation. eventually the buck in the front either smelled, or heard me and crashed outta there with the other monster right behind him. im still gonna try hunting these monsters, but history tells me i'll probably never see them again ): well anyway on the way to work this morning (nelsonville, oh to parkersburg, wv) we seen does being chased by bucks in almost every field we passed! even seen a buck on a doe right on the strip along the highway! the doe was staring across the highway thinking about attempting a suicide mission to get away from the buck lol. by the time we arrived home we seen roughly 40 deer, and every single 1 of them were running! So yea in this area it's on baby!!!! (:

I watched a doe and a small buck eat for 45 minutes last night. He didn't even sniff her butt or anything. Either they aren't in the rut here or my deer are gay.

That is the best post I have ever seen on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsman View Post
    I watched a doe and a small buck eat for 45 minutes last night. He didn't even sniff her butt or anything. Either they aren't in the rut here or my deer are gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsman View Post
    That's funny dude!, hehehe
    Limbsaver DZ-30, Carbon Express Terminator Lite, 100 gr steelhead, Tru-Glo, Tru-Fire

Thread Information