Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rut is in full gear

Quote Originally Posted by CityBoyzOutdoors View Post
    I also hunt the Medina/Summit line on the summit side, don't think they are locked down, just think it really hasnt kicked in yet, bucks might be ready while the does aren't.
    I'm on board with cityboyz, the bucks are definitely ready, but the does aren't. I've seen a bunch of new scrapes pop up and watched bucks make scrapes and rubs around my tree during the day. I think this weekend is going to get wild as long as those temps don't reach the 70s, that would not be okay.

Quote Originally Posted by teej89 View Post
    I'm on board with cityboyz, the bucks are definitely ready, but the does aren't. I've seen a bunch of new scrapes pop up and watched bucks make scrapes and rubs around my tree during the day. I think this weekend is going to get wild as long as those temps don't reach the 70s, that would not be okay.
    I dont think the weather will put a damper on things, we have high pressure all weekend with the clear skies and mild temps, id say this weekend will start with the chasing and hopefully one doe at a time come into heat not all the same time!

I dont think the weather will put a damper on things, we have high pressure all weekend with the clear skies and mild temps, id say this weekend will start with the chasing and hopefully one doe at a time come into heat not all the same time!
    I saw it last night. From 3:45 pm all the way till dark I saw 6 bucks, all in wide open fields, making their way around the farm. Most were 2 to 3 year olds, but right at 5:00 I saw an absolute stud chasing a doe through the field. Hoped she would have brought him by, but I ran out of daylight. I watched a couple of 2 year olds spar for about 10 minutes which was really neat since I had never seen that in real life. It looks like it is going to be a great couple of days to be in the woods. Also saw 2 dogs and a coyote, but the deer didn't seem to really mind. At one point, I watched one buck look directly at the dog and he took a fighting posture almost if he was calling the dog out. The dog ran off and the buck continued to walk the field. Great night in the stand.
    Limbsaver DZ-30, Carbon Express Terminator Lite, 100 gr steelhead, Tru-Glo, Tru-Fire

Summit County bucks chasing like crazy where I'm at

Dang! too bad im 200 miles away at school right now, think it will still be happening this weekend in Summit??

Quote Originally Posted by saylor33 View Post
    well when he was taking the same path his nose was on the ground the whole time. just like he was chasing her. in my opinion the rut is in but then again i could be wrong
    I hunted the last 4 days in a row and this is the least amount of action I have seen for this time of year. Hunting athens county and did not see any kinda of rut activity at all. Last night at dark saw a mature buck being pretty aggresive on making scrapes and rubbing tress. The does seem to be seperating a little and the little bucks are cruizing.
    I hope that things are just getting started.

Dang! too bad im 200 miles away at school right now, think it will still be happening this weekend in Summit??
    If yesterday was any indication you better hightail it home cuz what I saw and according to Lord ToneKing, it is on in Summit County area.
    Limbsaver DZ-30, Carbon Express Terminator Lite, 100 gr steelhead, Tru-Glo, Tru-Fire

Quote Originally Posted by Bigcity View Post
    If yesterday was any indication you better hightail it home cuz what I saw and according to Lord ToneKing, it is on in Summit County area.
    Oh dangggit.. got a test tomorrow. Ill be in the stand Friday-Monday.. lets hope its still going on!!

Oh dangggit.. got a test tomorrow. Ill be in the stand Friday-Monday.. lets hope its still going on!!
    Don't let that buck fever interfer with your schooling young blood. I think everything will still be hot this weekend. Good luck on your test, safe ride home and in the stand

Quote Originally Posted by Bigcity View Post
    Don't let that buck fever interfer with your schooling young blood. I think everything will still be hot this weekend. Good luck on your test, safe ride home and in the stand
    Thanks homie, I'll keep you updated!

Thread Information