Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rut activiity is kicking in

Rut activiity is kicking in

I have been out since season opened , last two weeks a lot of bucks running does. Have a lot more bucks showing up on camera. I have had several opportunities to shoot marginal buck . However I did pass on them . Hope to not regret this action on my part.

I haven't seen anything in this part yet. The bucks are just now splitting up. I wish this warm weather would go away tho
    MARINE CORPS 2111

Definetly picking up here. I walk every night after work around 5 till dark and found three new woods scrapes and ten field edge scrapes. And the bucks are def responding to my grunts.

The seeking phase of the rut will end next week, weather looks good, be in your stands! IMO, the seeking phase is the best time to be in the woods!
    Is there anything better than being in the woods?!

they were doing real well 5-6 days ago, then it got warm here and its like no action now at all, seeing bucks and does feeding not a care about each other
    where as a week ago the doe's were being bothered a lot by both young and older bucks

need these dam temps to drop again, 64 degree at dark tonight, thats just too warm if you ask me for a good rut

I've had bucks of all sizes chasing does actively since weekend two of the season. It's been exciting to say the least. The last couple years I've noticed a significant, inconsistant pattern with the activity of my deer. No build up any more it seems. Very interesting and somewhat concerning.

To take that a step further, the solunar calendar has been nearly spot on...just as I'm coming to find that after 3 years of paying attention to this I am convinced that this is one of the most reliable determining factors on how I choose the particular way I hunt on any given day.

Tell us more SSpengSS?

Whatcha want me to tell you more about blackbeard?

Last weekend, there were 6 fresh ground scrapes on my walk to my stand. This week, all scrapes have went cold. They are all covered up, and there are no new scrapes. I did see a couple new rubs that got me really excited.

down here in southeastern ohio there hasn't been much rut activity. a few scrapes here and there. i've seen several doe groups, but no bucks to be seen around them. the big bucks still seem to be nocturnal. it's not just me, people all over the area are experiencing the same things. the bucks i have seen while hunting seemed to just be staging/browsing around waiting for dark to get to a feeding spot. i did see a 140 class buck, but he was moving like 5 feet every 10 minutes, and didn't get into range before dark. but hey we all know its coming, so lets just be patient... (:

Thread Information