Thread: ? about anterless tag

? about antlerless tag

Is the antlerless tag only good till Nov 25 or can it be used after gun season for the remaining bow season? I have never used one yet, but went to buy one online and before paying; it said expires Feb 3. So trying to find out exactly what the rules are before I go through with the purchase. If it matters I am hunting zone B. Thanks for the help

This is what I found on DNR website.

Antlerless deer permits will no longer be valid for the first week of deer gun season (Nov. 26, 2012-Dec. 2, 2012) in Zone C.

Hunters are not required to buy a Deer Permit before purchasing any Antlerless Deer Permits.

Antlerless Deer Permits may be used to take antlerless deer ONLY. These permits may be purchased until Nov. 25, 2012. Antlerless deer permits will no longer be valid for the first week of deer gun season (Nov. 26, 2012-Dec. 2, 2012).

In zone C it is good until the day before gun season after that it is only good for urban areas and in zone A and B

Live in Akron and hunt mostly in Carroll County
    Gary, are you sure they are good in A and B after Nov.25. I thought only in urban areas after Nov. 25. Maybe I am misunderstanding your statement.
    I may be opinionated...but, my opinion is the only one that matters anyway.

I think he's saying there's only urban areas in zones A and B so that's the only place you can use them once gun season starts.

Live in Akron and hunt mostly in Carroll County
    That makes sense. I didn't realize that urban zones did'nt exist in Zone C. As you can tell I don't hunt much in urban zones. Thanks for the clarification.
    I may be opinionated...but, my opinion is the only one that matters anyway.

I'm not to sure now haha. I will look it up I do know they changed it this year. http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/Portals/9/pdf/pub117.pdf this is the urban zones.

You are right Dick. The tags are only good in all areas until the day before gun season opens. After that they are only good in the areas I posted the link to.

Thanks for the clarification guys!

Thread Information