Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lone Wolf, Made in China?

Currently Mason, but raised in adams county

Lone Wolf, Made in China?

The past few weeks I have been wanting to buy a new lightweight set up (Hang on stand and climbing sticks) but didn't really want to spend the extra money just before christmas and my daughters birthday(Nov. 30th) so last week I decided that if I could sell some of my toys I no longer use for what they are worth then I would reward myself with a new setup. Well sure as the world everything I had is exactly what everyone else wanted and I soon had $500 dollars in my pocket. I started looking at every option out there and ran across what seems to be a good deal on the 4 pack of Lone Wolf Climbing sticks and a Lone Wolf Assault II Treestand. I called the guy that has them and he is telling me that these are Real life Lone Wolf brand but were made in China on a contract with XOP(the makers of Muddy, Gorrilla and Big Game Stands). They are seriously discounted compared to the Made in USA Lone Wolfs and look exactly the same all the way down to the packaging(except it says Made in China). What does everyone think? Should I pull the trigger and buy one or spend the extra money to get an American made? I almost always buy american when I can, but this price difference is considerable for what appears to be the exact same thing.

well I would buy american
    there HAS to be a reason there lesser prices, different in metals /materials, or something
    if all that seperates fro from a fall is materials, I want the better for peace of mind
    any time something cost less has to be a reason
    but your money your life your call

I agree with you mrbb, but my thinking was that if they indeed are the makers of Muddy, big game and gorilla(all respectable names) then safety wasn't my biggest issue. Not saying I'm not thinking about it but I've yet to hear anything wrong with these other three brands due to safety. The specs on the china vs. USA are identical according to the box. I am leary, but think I may pull the trigger and find out the hard way.

Email lone wolf and ask if they had products made there
    ive hunted my whole life, the rest I just wasted

There is a thread on AT about this. Lonewolf released a statement concerning this. Something to the effectthey will not be held lliable for these products.
    From those that purchased these stands there was no difference.

well all I say is peace of mind is worth the extra bucks to me, and yes I know these stands are high priced to begin with
    I will not bash other compoanys on where and how they get there stands made, but to me, there has to be a material difference and why many of the brands stands you mentioned are a LOT cheaper , than a lone wolf stand
    there are to me many many things that can mean cheaper quality that just what meets the human eye, looks alone mean nothing , in metal quality and same as what the straps can be made of
    not all metal and materials are the same, just on over all calling it metal and what not, different grades to it all, and that is where i see cheaper being used to make cheaper prices
    is it needed??
    well at 20-30 ft off the ground is not where I want to find out
    just saying many times the cost difference has to be some where, the fact lone wolf doesn't stand behind them(if thats true and I would think it is) is thety do not know what all was used or how , in the making
    again not telling you what to do, just something to think about

I use Muddy sticks that are made in the USA. Don't know if all of these are knock offs, but I wouldn't trust them either. I say buy the best you can afford and keep it forever. Over the years, you'll forget about the price difference, especially when you don't have to buy another set in a few years.

These stands MIGHT be much cheaper because the cost of labor is much cheaper in China. The materials used COULD be identical.

I wish you where closer to Coshocton.I`ll be out their second week of November and I have a Alpha hangon and 4 climbing sticks that I would sell you real cheap.Since I lost my private land to hunt it just hangs in the shed mostly.

forestman, pm me if you are interested in selling. I aint scared to drive. I already ordered the setup and I was assured if I wasn't happy with them he would take them back no questions asked. SO I guess I'll let you guys know what I find. Thanks for the input, and I hope I'm happy with it and don't die using it! I emailed Lone Wolf and have yet to get a reply. gonehunting45 can you post the link where it says they will not be held responsible for these stands? I'm having trouble finding it.

Thread Information