Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lone Wolf, Made in China?

Currently Mason, but raised in adams county
    I bought a Lone Wolf Assault II for $125 MSRP 239.99 and a four pack of Lone Wolf Climbing Sticks for $130 MSRP is 179.99. BUT remember, no warranty. And Drenalinhntr1, I bought mine from Elite outdoors.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbb View Post
    Well all I can tell you guys is this, to the human eye you cannot tell quality of metals used, metals come in grades, and then grades determine how much weight and stress they can hold, and its that fact that wouldn't allow me piece of mind using, if something terrible should happen, god forbid, you are screwed in fact company disclaimer and them being in china
    Up a tree is not where I want to find out if quality is or is not right
    Sorry, but a deal isn't always in the price tag, but your call
    Metals and even straps all break down in time too, so short lived savings?? Comes to mind with me
    Best of luck
    I agree with you 100%, but, it's not like these people just started making treestands. If that was the case then I wouldn't even consider it. But they've been making other stands for years and I've not heard one bad thing about it. I think anytime you climb in a stand you should inspect it and the straps as well as buying a new one. I am going to run this stand through a couple tests tonight, and I'll post what I found. And the company headquarters is in Iowa from what I've read.

Quote Originally Posted by DrenalinHntr1 View Post
    I registered for this site specifically due to this thread.
    Oh, and welcome to the site!

Quote Originally Posted by bds9 View Post
    I bought a Lone Wolf Assault II for $125 MSRP 239.99 and a four pack of Lone Wolf Climbing Sticks for $130 MSRP is 179.99. BUT remember, no warranty. And Drenalinhntr1, I bought mine from Elite outdoors.
    Same place mine came from. I paid $139 + shipping. Here are some pics of what I got.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0219.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	18.0 KB 
ID:	9370Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0220.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	19.8 KB 
ID:	9371Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0221.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	16.3 KB 
ID:	9372Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0224.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	19.2 KB 
ID:	9373Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0223.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	16.3 KB 
ID:	9374

I'm not disappointed. My biggest "nit pick" is that all 4 straps were not assembled uniformly in their orientation. (Strap, buckle, label turned different directions) And you can see in one of the pics the step is scratched up a little. But I am going to scratch them up anyway. Oh, and thanks for welcoming me! Glad to be here!

I googled elite outdoors but didnt see anything. Do you know the web address?
    ive hunted my whole life, the rest I just wasted

well I agree its a good savings for sure and these days who couldn't use the extra in there pockets
    but I still say, crappy metal cannot be seen by the eyes alone, and it can change how strong it is as temps go up and down and such
    I know counterfit products are out there in all forms, and 99% of them its lack of proper materials that seperates them, and not all just labor costs, but sure labor and what a BRAND name knows it can bring
    but I still say again, if a failure happens your on your own, no help from the maker, and that would scare me
    I would honestly bet that even if lone wolf had sun contracted them out to save the mighty buck, as we all know companys do!!
    it has to be because they failed a safety test they did to stand so strongly on them, and again that would scare me
    I bought my lone wolf due to how safe it was and the other features
    again just my 2 cents
    don't want to see anyone get hurt

Well I didn't get a chance to upload pics last night but I did run the stand through a couple tests last night. After examining the stand and sticks and all straps closely, I cannot tell a difference. The color is the only difference I can tell. I understand your point MRBB but I'm no metalurgist so I cannot tell a difference in the grade of aluminum. The casting is perfect on the platform. Anyhow, I hung my stand at the base of a tree in my back yard, appox 18" off of the ground and jumped on. The stand never made a peep, shift or anything. mounted very solid to the tree. I also leaned to the extreme side to side and couldn't get any movement out of the stand. I put my back against the tree and pushed down on the platform with my legs and got little flex out of the platform(my gorilla stand which I like very well has a hair more flex). I never heard a pop or creak and the stand seems very solid. The only thing I did't really care for is the platform leveling nuts are hard to get tight. I don't think this is a huge issue, but this is something I've heard all Lone Wolf stand have problems with. I will be in the stand in the morning and I will let everyone know how that goes. As of right now, its the best hang on stand and sticks I've ever owned. btw, it packs together super nice which is a big reason I wanted to upgrade from my gorilla hx/rapid rails setup.

Quote Originally Posted by rednecklb69 View Post
    I googled elite outdoors but didnt see anything. Do you know the web address?
    www.eliteoutdoorsunlimited.com, I talked to Clay. He said they were in the process of moving to a bigger store so if he doesn't answer your calls/messages immedietely to bear with him. Seems like a pretty nice guy.

Thread Information