Thread: Hunting this Week and Weekend

Hunting this Week and Weekend

Everyone knows the big storm is upon us today (now). Whats everyones hunting strategies this week? Will it be decent hunting by Wed, Thurs, Fri? Or just good hunting this weekend and next week?

Going to take a few days off this week and wanted to get everyones thoughts about hunting this week. Thanks

From what the weather looks like today, it seems like the winds will die down alot by wed, thurs, fri so that might not be bad hunting??

I'm not gonna sit in the rain, but I will try to hunt when the wind dies down and quits raining. I think if the wind keeps up it will keep em holed up and when it stops they come runnin to the food. My buddy got a nice buck last saturday evening in a break from the rain and wind.

i'm no expert on deer movement by far, but heres my 2 cents for what its worth: deer do & will in bad weather but cant say for sure that they will be moving in this stuff i know i wont be !!! seeings how peak rut is approaching real soon and givin colder temperatures along with that, at the first break in the weather , you better believe every deer north of kentucky will be on his & her feet gettin after it. that beeing food & sex!!! my vacation starts Nov 1st iget off that mornin, ill take a nap and head for the woods weathers suppose to break wednesday night, thursday morning . im really lookin forward to saturday morning friday night suppose to be cold 31 degrees gonna be a really good weekend !!! good luck bowhunters of ohio!!!

well I have seen deer out in this weather many times from high winds to thunder storms,, BUT I do think most don't
    I have no plans of going out in this rain and winds
    mostly due to cannot sit in my treestands, and secondly I really don't like hunting in the rain due to having lost a blood trail before sue to it

its suposed to rain here till friday, so, I know for a fact deer will be up and eating, no way to sit that long waiting for it to stop
    but won't be me hunting them in it

Sat, to me is going to be a crappy day, all week with no folks hot or very few, saturday will be a mad race for guys to be out, meaning I will get lots of guys trespassing and or just surrounding the borders, and since most deer live off property/bedding and such
    I will spend Sat looking for trespassers, and I know I will find some! pissed already to be honest! loosing a week of hunting then them, I will be short fused by Saturday!

From columbus to mansfield this morning I seen 10 deer, one small buck for sure. He was about 10 feet of 71. The rest were out in fields eating.

Thread Information