Thread: Mature Does Without Fawns

Hybrid View

Seeing the same thing in Butler County. 1 Large mature doe, and 3 medium sized ones, no fawns to be seen with them. Had them come in last night and twice last week. Why they aren't in the freezer is a story for another thread................. But yeah, seen them 3 times now together.

No idea why that is. I have seen a few other groups in the are with fawns, groups of 4 to 10 at different times in the past month or so. Hope someone can shed some light on it. Maybe a light breeding season last year in my area?

I live in Pike County and im seeing the same. My trail cams are also showing the same thing. I have been getting excited when i view my plot watcher and its a single deer in the frame. More times than not its been a single mature doe. No explanation

I have also seen several mature does without fawns this year. Not sure that this explains it, but I have definitely noticed a significant increase in the coyote population where I hunt...Maybe the warm winter was even better for the coyotes than it was for the deer? I think where I hunt that is part of it because most of the guys that hunt yotes around me primarily do so with a fresh snow...and we barely had any snow last year.

Thread Information