Thread: Wicked Ridge Warrior X Bow Anti Dry Fire

Wicked Ridge Warrior X Bow Anti Dry Fire

Had my wicked ridge dry fire catch my string when trying to fire with an arrow in. Wasnt a big deal at that time. I was just shooting a groundhog cause I was bored but it could be a big deal if a biggin walks under my stand. Any suggestions or anyone ever have this happen before?

I strongly suggest contacting the company and telling them about the issue, and see if they have any advice/suggestions , or if maybe there is a problem they know of

that would sure suck if a big buck was there and it wouldn't fire
    known a few guys over the yrs that had rifle's not hit a primmer hard enough to go off, and lost a good buck due to that so??
    I say ask the company first

Well I shot the xbow sunday. About 20 shots or so. never had it act up once. When Im back at my truck, I hold the string and pull the trigger to release the tension. I thought this may have lead to my issue but I talked to a good buddy who says thats pretty common. So what do you guys do when your done? Fire one in the dirt, take it home and shoot and the foam block, or do the old hold and pull technique that I do?

well I carry a target with me and a target tiped arrow, so I unload at the truck, and also use it to check my zero, I place the block at 20 yrds and turn the light on my truck on and fire
    keeps me happy knowing I am spot on

but I do think it wears a string out a lot faster, but I don't feel comfortable unloading any other way

This ahppened most likely because the Bolt was not properly slid all the way back or it slide forward when you where aiming. If the bolt is not in place properly the dry fire preventer pin will drop and catch the string when fired. When you push the bolt all the way back into place the pushs the dry fire preventer arm up into the assembly disabling it. Also make sure you are useing either there omni-nock or a flat nock. The company has told me all the xbows will work with both, but the do not recommend the use of half-moon nocks as it can cause problems with the dry ire preventer.

S.E.Michigan to live & S.E. Ohio to dream
    Without a doubt the safest way to de-cock a crossbow is to shoot it out. I have one bolt that I use just for this.

Thread Information