Thread: bobcats

Hybrid View

bobcats

What are the laws on bobcats? A friend told me they aren't a recognized species in Oh. and that they are a shoot on site type critter.Anyone know the facts on it?

well All I can suggest is you call the Ohio DCNR and ask, and get A REAL answer from the state, anything we say here can or might be incorrect

here in PA where I am from we have a special draw/season for them
    BUT any animal that is in my state that the state doesn't consider here, like say a cougar
    if you were to shoot it you would be fined up the wazzoo! as they could consider that an illegal kill
    here in PA and many other states i know of, any animal that doesn't have an actual hunting season is a protected critter and thus would be an illegal killing, so I highly suggest you ask the officials and not a forum member
    not saying anyone would steer you bad, but better sfae than sorry

and last, Bobcats are cool critters, I highly enjoy seeing them in the wild way cool cats in my eye's

you shoot one in ohio DONT TELL ANYONE lol or you will go to jail.....they are protected........i saw one a few years ago hunting in Noble county...awesome to see

I thought I had a picture of one, turned out to be a cat with his tail tucked and head down looking at the ground lol
    2008-2009 Team Challenge Champs
       -Team Backstrap Fever
    Blackbeard        
    Curran        
    Deerhunter        
    Ffkevin        
    YouthHunter

"He who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes, he who doesn't is a fool forever"

I am going to contact the odnr but figured I'd pick the brain of the hunting population. I'll let you know what the odnr has to say about it....

Thread Information