Thread: Coyotes

Coyotes

I have not hunted much the last 2 years where I am hunting this year. I lived in licking county for 2 years and found it tough to come home and hunt in the mercer and darke county area. Anyways, it wasn't unusual to see a few coyotes every year but this year I have seen them every hunt and saw 5 on Friday evening. What kind of calls, etc work to get them this time of year? Thought about baiting them??? Thoughts??? Would like to try to get some of them soon and hopefully that will help with deer sightings too.

You want a distressed rabbit call, should be able to get one at Walmart or like a dicks sporting goods....also if you can make squeaky sounds with your mouth by sucking air in or can get a squeaker out of a pets toy, that works good to when they get close, it sounds like a mouse..... also decoys work very well to draw them .....anything small and furry that moves should work well, i've used a stuffed animal rabbit on the end of a clothes hanger staked to the ground with fishing line attached to it so I could give it some movement......

Thread Information