Thread: just got back from adams county

just got back from adams county

Well, I got back from Adams county Sunday from my scouting trip. Man lots and lots of scraps and rubs everywhere. Got all the stands put up and corn out. Think we put out 9 trail cameras. Will be back in the tree Nov 1st thru the 7th.

well glad you seen what you seen, always make the wait longer
    but for any corn to last that long to me is a long shot, but sure should help you get some trail cam pic's if you have camera's over the corn!

I put out two fifty gallon barrels with a hole cut in the bottom full of corn. Maybe it will last.

well that's about 650-700 lbs of corn, a 55 gallon drum will hold about 350 lbs of corn, or mine do, I store it that way in winter at the farm, 3 55 gallon drums holds about a 1,000 lbs with a little room left over!
    I would think that SHOULD last a few weeks for you

I didn't think you put that much out, most guys do maybe a 100 lbs to a pile, one or two spots,
    and that can go in a few days if they hit it hard
    at my farm a 100 lbs can go over nite out of my feeder in winter time! even had nites 200 lbs went over nite, but I have LOTS of deer so!

again good luck
    hope you get some great pic's if not a great buck when you get there again !

Only nine more days and I'll be in Ohio. Man I can't wait. Hope my trail cam's are still there. Mrbb, last year I tried the 100lbs of corn thing. It was gone in two days so hopefully some will be there when I get back. Going to bring about 500lbs with me just in case.

Thread Information