Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rubs and scrapes

Rubs and scrapes

Anyone seeing any rubs or scrapes ?

Still too early?

Seeing a few rubs in my area (Central Ohio), have a nice rub line on the one property I hunt. As far as scrapes I haven't seen any. A lot of smaller bucks on my properties so i'm guessing they will start showing up here before too long.

I haven't seen any scrapes yet. Have seen rub lines, but now the bucks that were making them have changed from their summer pattern and don't use those anymore. Last night I did see a new rub line though and it's on a path by one of my favorite stands. Will have to put a trail cam out there to see who's rubbing.
    If I'm Not Out Hunting, I'm Thinking About It!
    Victory VForce & Carbon Express Hot Pursuit arrows
    Magnus Stinger Buzzcut 100gr
    Scott Archery Little Bitty Goose release

Live in Akron and hunt mostly in Carroll County
    Haven't seen any buck activity at my place. Hoping to hang a scrape dripper one day this week. Just curious to see if it has any merit.
    I may be opinionated...but, my opinion is the only one that matters anyway.

I have been both finding and seeing bucks make both since mid sept here, opening da I watched several bucks make fresh scrapes in front of me,
    so there out there, but don't think there the same meaning as scrapes you find in late oct. these to me are just younger deer learning what there doing and doing and not really knowing why there making scrapes but feel the need to so they do!

I've been seeing rubs since late August. I saw my first fresh scrape yesterday evening.

Currently Mason, but raised in adams county
    Saturday evening I watched three bucks come out of the woods together, (all three were shooters, two were giants, the other still a shooter) and they all came down to a small ditch and headed out into the clover. I set up in the ditch sunday evening and noticed 2 big scrapes that those bucks made. Along with a rub line all the way down as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ManOfTheFall View Post
    I've been seeing rubs since late August. I saw my first fresh scrape yesterday evening.
    I have also seen my first scrape yesterday evening on the edge of a bean field. I hunted this location saterday morning and sprayed straight buck urine in this spot and sure enough a scrape shows up a few days later. I'm very pumped to hunt this spot again in the coming days, But I may hunt the staging area to this spot, as I believe this is just a territorial scrape and may only be viseted at night.

been seeing a good number of rubs... no scrapes yet in my neck of the woods... i haven't really been covering alot of ground looking for them though...

Saw my first scrape tonight

Thread Information