Thread: New to ground blinds

Hybrid View

I use a fold up lounger chair in my blind, I can sit all day comfortably in it. I also use a propane heater in the winter months and never had problems. Good luck

This is my first year using them as well and im finding theres a learning curve involved lol.

i have used a ground blind(s) exclusively for five years now and alot of the wisdom from earlier posts are correct. I get all my blinds, feeders etc out on sept 1st, labor day weekend. brushing them in is fine but having them there for a time is way more important. the other thing ive really noticed is if you close up the windows when not hunting they really notice them when they are open when you are hunting, try to leave them as close to hunting situations as possible. Watch the sun, if your blind is situated so the sun shines in on you they will notice you. I sit right against the back of my blinds and i wear a large black shirt over everything. A few deer seem to never notice me and each year i have a few does normally who spook every time they see the blind, bad experience maybe! i have had to dig the ground to level plenty of times also. I use a fold up camo chair from wally world but to make it really comfy i sit on a camo hot seat and i use a boat cushion for my back. I typically sit from an half hour before daylight until 1-130pm so i need to be comfy. Hope this helps and good luck

Thread Information