Thread: New to ground blinds

Hybrid View

S.E.Michigan to live & S.E. Ohio to dream
    Can't shoot a mechanical through the mesh if you have them. I feel they block my vision too much and I still am not comfortable shooting even a fixed blade through it. If the roots are a problem then maybe you can build something up instead. Dirt and a comfortable pad may work. May even find an old chair and cut the back legs off to get it level.

I will add just a few things. The first year I started using a blind was about 6 years ago. I have an Ameristep penthouse blind and it has now been up for the 4th year without it being taken down ever, it is still in good shape. The first year I had no deer around it at all. Now that it has been a permanent fixture, I've killed deer out of it every year for the last 4 seasons. And as far as the mesh, I shot so many arrows through mine before it was ever in the woods, I had to replace it before I used it for real. I shot fixed blade then and never had a problem shooting through it. It amazed me because I was really sceptical. As far as the chair, I have never found one for me to be comfortable and quiet enough to suit me. I am soon gonna be 58 and have had 8 knee surgeries. This is why I am not bowhunting much this year and maybe alot less in the future. I spent 2 hrs in it opening day and have been sore since then. It will work for you, just leave it out if you can and they will get used to it. Good luck.
    I have strong opinions about God, Guns, Guitars and Harley Davidsons, I can remain open minded about everything else.
    Member of Pope & Young, and Buckeye Big Buck Club.
    Member of the Bloody Blazers, 2011-2012 team challenge winners.

Thread Information