Thread: How to confront a hunter carring a gun?

Hybrid View

well to be honest, I try to let them know before they get close to me
    I have to have an organe hat/vets with me when ever small gam and archery over lap more or less, I found waving the orange works well from a distance, and MOST will go away from you
    some however seem to think yu want company and to shoot the breeze with them, had that happen way too many times over the yrs

but if one should happen to get on me without me knowing so, I would whisle softly and get louder as needed

but to me, best deal is to get there attention farther out than on top of you if you can!
    unless you want them close to get a good look at a trespasser, and then give them notice of the law breaking!, I do that now a days the most

S.E.Michigan to live & S.E. Ohio to dream
    Like GH45 I whistle as well. Start soft and work my way up til I get his/her attention. Then wave my ungloved hand or usually something orange, which I try to always carry on state land.

I have a hard time approaching hunters. I had a bad experience when I was younger, a guy pointed his gun in the ground in my direction and just shot as I went to approach him. I just ran and that was the end of it. Was never so scared in my life. I've been hunting southern ohio when I've seen a guy carrying a assult rifle in public hunting( I was younger) I just hid behind a try hoping he didn't see me) Maybe I should just carry a little whistle with me since I can't whistle loud.
    2008-2009 Team Challenge Champs
       -Team Backstrap Fever
    Blackbeard        
    Curran        
    Deerhunter        
    Ffkevin        
    YouthHunter

"He who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes, he who doesn't is a fool forever"

Thread Information