I've always been a scent free fanatic (just never fell into the scent blocker gimmik). Always washing my clothes in scent away detergent, showering before every trip in the woods with scent away soap, storing clothes and boots in totes, and keeping HS in business with scent away spray. For the last few years I've been showering with scent away soap, washing my clothes in scent free detergent (arm+hammer), smoking up, and using less scent away spray. Well, I'm gonna change it up this year, just to see the outcome. Now, I'm washing my clothes in plain ole peroxide, taking a shower with the regular green Dial bar soap, and smoking myself and my clothes/boots. I went out and started a pretty decent little campfire, then went in and took a shower (used Dial soap, and didn't dry off too well, wanted to stay damp) By now the fire had dwindled way down, grabbed a couple hand fulls of wet straw and leaves and through it in. Grabbed my hunting clothes piece by piece, held them in the smoke for 20 secs or so and threw them in the tote. All the while I was doing this, I was standing right in the path of the smoke.
After finishing this, I laid a sheet down on the couch (dont want the better half upset because her couch smells like smoke) and am here typing. Let me tell ya, I'm surprised I haven't set the smoke detectors off yet, I stink of smoke......The only thing I plan on doing in the morning is to get dressed and get in the woods. Will keep you posted, the wind tomorrow is the not going to be the greatest for this stand, but we'll see.