Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sit or Stand?

Sit or Stand?

Hey guys and gals,

Just a curious question to those of you who stand hunt. Do you sit or stand when you are bowhunting? I know for older folks sitting would be more comfortable and I sit as well. Just curious to your way of doing it?
    "Get busy huntin' or get busy dyin"

I'm getting comfy and having a seat. When it comes time for a shot, I've shot both standing and sitting.
    If I'm Not Out Hunting, I'm Thinking About It!
    Victory VForce & Carbon Express Hot Pursuit arrows
    Magnus Stinger Buzzcut 100gr
    Scott Archery Little Bitty Goose release

My tendencies are on AM hunts, when I get in and get settled I will stand for the first hour or so of light. Then I sit and stand as I feel the need. Evening hunts the same, I try to stand during the prime time for movement.
    Bear Lights Out 27"/60#
    Beman ICS Hunter 400 arrows
    Whisker Biscuit
    Extreme Archery 3 Pin Sight
    100gr Rage 2 Blade

"There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period."

Ted Nugent

I sit most of the time, when I was using a compound I always stood for about the first 1/2 of daylight, and the last 1/2 or so of daylight. I always shot standing, so with the light not being good at those times I always stood so I wouldn't be caught off guard. Now with a crossbow, I kick back and relax.

i sit for most of the hunt and when it comes time to prime time i try and have my bow in hand so its that much less of movment

well when I bow hunted I used to stand I think more than sit, gave me more shots and faster to get ready if already standing, I always stood at first light and last light
    I personally feel standing in a tree you stand out a lot less, than sitting

Now i X bow hunt, due to both injury and do enjoy it too
    I find i sit more, as I set up most of my stands to be x bow friendly with shooting rails and now most of my stands have cover built into them , either camo material or burlap, or lots of branches and such to blend me in better
    but I have shot deer both sitting and standing with all weapons, from bow to rifles to shotguns muzzleloaders
    so it can be done
    On all day sits I really try to stand an hr sit an hr and switch it up, seem to keep warmer this way too when its cold out!

This is all very good advice. I will start to stand at first light and last light. I have been hunting double man stands so I use to kick back. It was like a tree house haha.

nothing wrong with being comfy in a double man stand
    can almost sleep in them LOL
    I hunt out of a few here and there, I add a lot of camo material , and extra pipe insulation, to make them more user friendly,
    and to hide me better, and mostly just sit in them then, but again with an x bow, they make for great shooting rail stands lots of elbow room, or to bring a ton of crap, like a video camera, or sleeping bag, gas grill, just lots of room in them for one person
    thats for sure, LOL !!

Absolutely mrbb. To be honest.. I have took a small nap in the stand. I have even kicked up my feet on the other seat. I had a camo curtain around it so only my shoulders and head showed. It makes it nice to be comfy.

i"ve used buddy stands in late season when its nasty cold with a heater too, lots of room to have one up there with you .
    I'm at the point now on my food plots I wish all my stands were big and comfy !

Thread Information