Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sit or Stand?

I always sit until I see a deer coming in and I stand if its something I want to shoot when I get a chance. If not I try and grab the camera. Guy I hunt with usually stands at first light and evening for a while.
    2008-2009 Team Challenge Champs
       -Team Backstrap Fever
    Blackbeard        
    Curran        
    Deerhunter        
    Ffkevin        
    YouthHunter

"He who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes, he who doesn't is a fool forever"

Depending on the stand and the circumstance I will do whatever I think is best for my situation. I usually try and stand for closer shots and sit on the longer ones.

I do a little of both. During the prime hours I stand. I can shoot setting. I like standing the best its easier to check behind me.

i try to be standing when i take a shot, but i practice sitting down also just in case

I get in the stand pretty early since I'm on public land so I have an hour or so to kill before daylight and I sleep and set a vibrate alarm on my phone haha but i sit mostly, I am able to shoot almost anywhere while seated, I'll stand up to stretch the legs. IMO i think deer can somehow spot me better while I'm standing compared to sitting.

S.E.Michigan to live & S.E. Ohio to dream
    For treestand hunting I will try to stand when it is what I consider prime time, mornings or evenings. Of course when I get tired of standing I will rest a bit. When it comes to the shot I always try to stand up, that way I can bend at the waist to make the shot. Only once was I sitting when I took a shot, my first deer, and the bottom of my bow hit the stand causing the arrow to hit the deer back. Found him though.

In a ground blind I usually am sitting unless getting to my knees is a better shot.

Thread Information