Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cold front

cold front

i dont no if this has been brougt up but this weekend and in to monday its suppose to be pretty cold for this early in the year i think there will be a few nice bucks shot this weekend. bring on the cold weather and let them deer get moving even more than they are now. it has been a pretty decent early season this year already with the acorns falling like crazy and the farmers cutting the crops a little early this year im hoping its shaping up for a crazy rut. just figured id share what i am hoping to be a great weekend in the woods. good luck fellas!

Looking forward to this weekend. As it stands now Sunday looks real good. high 50 low 32.

I was thinking the same thing, hope it goes great for everyone!

I've been waiting for some colder weather to go out. It's looking good for this weekend.

IMO i think the rut is gonna come a week or so earlier this year...past 4 years its been alot warmer and with the way the crops are this year and them picking earlier...im thinking the action is gonna hit hard here in about 2 weeks or so
    Elite Pure 30" 60lb
    G5 XR2 sight
    Quad HD drop away
    Easton bloodlines 400
    muzzy 3 blade 100gr

Quote Originally Posted by bigcountry View Post
    IMO i think the rut is gonna come a week or so earlier this year...past 4 years its been alot warmer and with the way the crops are this year and them picking earlier...im thinking the action is gonna hit hard here in about 2 weeks or so
    I think you are absolutly correct. Have already seen on two different occasions a 5 1/2 and one I believe to be a 4 1/2 out in the field above my house. They were at least 150 class.They were doggin does 20-30 yds off the road in broad daylight. I could understand if they were young, but these were mature bucks.
    I have strong opinions about God, Guns, Guitars and Harley Davidsons, I can remain open minded about everything else.
    Member of Pope & Young, and Buckeye Big Buck Club.
    Member of the Bloody Blazers, 2011-2012 team challenge winners.

iiv been hearing about a few bucks dogging does but havent seen it yet been seeing a few young bucks messing around with there head gear but thats all hope it cools down and the huntingheats up

All I have seen is does on my trail cameras but I am surrounded by corn fields. Im thinking I might go out Sunday night and sit on one of those corn field edges. Does that sound like a bad idea? I just have no idea where all the bucks are at must be hunkered down in the corn....

in hunting nothng sounds like a bad idea its called hunting not killing deer lol. in the early season its great to try new ideas and then come prime time rut u will no right where u wanna be i have seen several bucks already they are still on there summer feeding pattern maybe try the corn it couldnt hurt. is the place u hunt somewhere it is presured alot? if so it could have the smart ones coming out at night already this year. im starting to see scrapes and rubs already so they are moving. while walking to ur stand try and pay attention to rubs and scraped i no most of the bucks that im seeing are still with other bucks so there still running together maybe thats why ur not seeing them bc they are still grouped up. so chances are if u find one buck u will find a couple more. they should be breaking out of there groups here befor to long so u will start seeing them alone and they will start breaking into different areas claming there teritory good luck and be safe.

According to weather.com, the perfect time for me to have my first sit in my favorite buck hunting stand will be Monday evening. Funny how things work out. Last year this same day I had perfect conditions to sit in that stand and i nailed a 144" 12 point. Oh yeah baby!!!!! I can't wait until Monday evening!!!!!

Thread Information