Thread: Morning vs afternoon

Hybrid View

Most properties are usually either bedding areas or feeding areas, some have both but my property is a bedding area for multiple does, i see very few big bucks during the year but during the rut i always see at least one 150" buck. Since my area is predominantly bedding i see very few bucks between dawn and 830ish, but from my daily journal of ten years ive learned that the hours of 9am -2pm are my best times for big buck encounters. I have read and believe that alot of bucks chase all night and lay down for a bit at daybreak and then they cant take it and start roaming the known bedding areas checking for does. I do see some decent afternoon activity but nothing like 9am-2pm. good luck

I seem to have a little better luck in the mornings. although I'm not a morning person, and hunt evening's a lot more. I agree with buckeye I tend to have most luck in the afternoon. Last doe I shot last year was at 2:30. Only thing I like about morning is being, able to track the deer and everything in the light!
    2008-2009 Team Challenge Champs
       -Team Backstrap Fever
    Blackbeard        
    Curran        
    Deerhunter        
    Ffkevin        
    YouthHunter

"He who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes, he who doesn't is a fool forever"

During the chasing and seeking phase I see much more activity in the morning than evenings.

i kill most of my deer in the afternoon but i see deer most mornings and evenings

Thread Information