Thread: Live from the stand! By manofthefall

Hybrid View

Ok....Tenn. Here again...been after a big buck I named Clyde all yr.... This weekend waz youth riffle weekend here...yesterday morning couldnt get out due to sons playoff football game...this morning had a lone mature doe work her way in through some sapplings in front of us, sure enough Clyde was trailing her...igot excited..son got riffle ready, he wouldnt Come out of sapplings... Went into a small opening at 60yds...my son shot... Clyde didnt move, I look at son and say chamber another round... Time I look back, he is gone...he swears that he was right on him with the scope and hit him...iwent to where I thought he stood didnt see any emediate blood. If a deer gets hit with a 270 riffle would he stand there for a few secs before bolting? Is there a chance that I wouldnt find blood right at the spot he shot? He tells me he hit him...I guess im going to go back tommorow and walk A little to reassusre myself... Just dont know, I bow hunt never riffle. Whats your take?

Antlrz I would say you should have found hair and blood, if you didn't find either then I say the boy missed. Walk it out tomorrow if it makes you feel better. As far as being on him it possible but could have hit a limb branch or something throwing the trajectory off.

I haven't been out since Saturday evening. I am on my vacation now and once this beyotch Hurricane Sandy clears out I will be pounding the woods. Looks like I will be getting back out either Thursday morning/evening or both.

Thread Information