Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Live from the stand! By manofthefall

On stand this morning, the 20th. Just waiting for first light.

It's just after 8. Nothing so far except squirrels and a white cat. Trying some rattling and grunting for the first time this year. Gonna sit here til about 10.

I got down a little early cause I have a lunch date. On my way out I drew back on some turkeys 2 times. They were about 20 yards away but neither time I couldn't get a clear shot. I will be back at it Monday evening. My last night of work before my 23 day hunting vacation is Wednesday.

My next time out won't be until Monday evening. Hopefully with a fresh pile of corn and crushed sugar beets made by "The Crush" it will bring those does in. Then the big 180" that has been hanging with those does the first 3 weeks of the season won't be too far behind. Good luck to all!!!!!

This schedule isn't set in stone, but it looks like I will be hunting Monday and Tuesday evenings, Wednesday morning, Thursday evening, Friday morning, and Saturday morning and evening. Good luck to you all!!!!! Hopefully we start putting some nice one's down!!!!!

Just about to get into stand. I know it's warm but I think tonight I may get a good chance at a nice doe. I will be sitting in the stand I moved to get closer to that big boy I've been seeing. Also put corn and crushed sugar beets there. Stay tuned!!!!!

Dang fox squirrel! He's eating the corn!

I've been here a little over an hour now so far and it's been just as I expected. Nothing but a bunch of little critters. Temps are dropping, sun is setting, hopefully the last half of the hunt I will have much better results. Check back for more updates.

Just had a button buck and a doe come by me but the doe didn't offer me any shots. Hopefully there will be more action to come. It's almost 6 oclock.

The doe came into about 18 yards but she gave me absolutely nothing. The button buck gave me multiple shots but of course I didn't want to shoot him. I didn't see any thing else the rest of the hunt. Tune back in tomorrow evening.

Thread Information