Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Live from the stand! By manofthefall

Hybrid View

Heading out. I will update after daybreak

Been in the stand about 50 minutes now and haven't heard or seeh any deer yet. Nice calm, cloudy mild, morning with intermittent light rain. Did a little rattling and grunting just after shooting light. Quiet so far. Will update in a bit.

1st ever past for my,I am hunting in Dover, tenn. Right now, from Bethel, Ohio... Haven't seen much rut activity thus far... Lot of scrapping and rubbing this week though...I have Turkeys gobbling around me which is awesome... Love the rut.. But sure makes me miss spring as well..anyway nothing yet, will post if I see anything decent

Just had a buck chase a doe past me grunting...was in thicket, so I don't know if he was shooter or not

Still nothing this morning yet. I'm giving it about 1 more hour. Then I'm getting down , switching out memory cards then heading home to see if I have anything decent on camera.

Last hour remained quiet. On my way home I saw a small 6 point chasing a doe through a field. It's getting close. Big cold front this weekend should get them moving more in daylight hopefully.

To go, or not to go this evening. Probably over 80 degrees. Big community pep-rally for last week of high school football. Rivalry game week. What would you do?

I'm staying home. I'm giving it a break in preparation for the cold front

Way to hold off man of the fall you would have regretted shootin a button buck

Ok....Tenn. Here again...been after a big buck I named Clyde all yr.... This weekend waz youth riffle weekend here...yesterday morning couldnt get out due to sons playoff football game...this morning had a lone mature doe work her way in through some sapplings in front of us, sure enough Clyde was trailing her...igot excited..son got riffle ready, he wouldnt Come out of sapplings... Went into a small opening at 60yds...my son shot... Clyde didnt move, I look at son and say chamber another round... Time I look back, he is gone...he swears that he was right on him with the scope and hit him...iwent to where I thought he stood didnt see any emediate blood. If a deer gets hit with a 270 riffle would he stand there for a few secs before bolting? Is there a chance that I wouldnt find blood right at the spot he shot? He tells me he hit him...I guess im going to go back tommorow and walk A little to reassusre myself... Just dont know, I bow hunt never riffle. Whats your take?

Thread Information