Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Live from the stand! By manofthefall

So far nothing but a bunch of chipmunks. But prime time is upon me. Check back in a bit.

Saw one running about 80 yards away but that was it. I had one blowing at me as I was walking out. Next time out probably won't be until Thursday evening or possibly Thursday morning if I can leave work early.

Tuesday morning and evening were pretty uneventful. I am going to try to leave work early Thursday morning. I'm hoping I can get off about 4:45am. It's suppose to be in the upper 20's where I am at. If I can get off early I will definitely be in a tree stand Thursday morning. Then I will sleep a couple hours and be right back at it Thursday evening. Good luck to everyone else!!!!!

It looks like I might get lucky and be able to get off work early this morning and make it to my stand in time. I'm hoping to nail a nice fat doe or one of the big boys of course. There is also a piebald do running around on our property that I wouldn't mind taking out. I will update the situation this morning. At the least I will be out this evening.

S.E.Michigan to live & S.E. Ohio to dream
    Good luck to you if you were able to get out this AM! We have a piebald doe running around too, only we decided she gets a pass for a while. Really cool to see that's for sure!

I got out in the morning but didn't get in the stand and settled in until 7:20. Not good. I saw alot of deer driving in but nothing on stand. I am in the stand now just waiting for 6:30 to roll around. Hopefully a nice big fat doe will grace my presence so I can get that first one down. Last year at this time I already had 2 doe and my buck down. Update in a bit.

Well guys. I just blew my first shot of the year. I just shot under a doe at about 27 yards. I just plain misjudged it. Hair and a little fat was on the arrow but no blood at all. But, it's prime time now. Maybe I will get a chance at redemption.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BROADHEAD2.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	9232Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BROADHEAD1.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	99.7 KB 
ID:	9231I saw 3 more doe's at about 6:50 but they were all too far away. Here are a couple pics of the broadhead with the hair and fat on it.

I to shot under a doe this year already and it sucks! I had a bunch of hair on the ground good luck man

I'm with both of you guys, just shot under a doe at 32 Yds, I was at full draw for bout 2 minutes and when she stepped into my lane I thought she was at 25, apparently not.

Thread Information