Thread: Back from adams co

Back from adams co

Well got back home last night from my Adams co trip. First day of hunting was last thursday. I think we were a week to early as the rut just kicked in there monday. It was 5 of us hunting and only one of us saw chasing on tue. morning, we left at noon to come back. Friday morning was our first morning hunt and i saw one deer that day. It was a 100 inch 8 pt and I smoked a yote at 33yrds that morning. Next few days we saw very few deer moving. Monday morning I sat up in my climber and had a big 6 come in behind me about 50 yards. At 840 I heard a deer walking straight to me coming from infront of me. I stood up,got the sz 350 ready and saw him coming at 30 yrds. Did not have time to think alot but new for me it was a shooter. 25 yards and I let the sz eat. He was quartering to me and I hit him right behind the shoulder and exit out the gut on the other side. He took off and I could see the blood pumping as he ran down the hill then back up the hill and stopped about 100yards from me. He walked another 30 yards then it was dirt nap time. Think he will be around the 127- 130 range. My best so far. One guy saw a giant monday evening and his stand squeeked and spooked him at 33 yards. This guy has killed some big deer and said it was a booner. Had two 160-170 class on cameras with 8 of them out sence our scouting trip in oct. Another guy killed a 9 pt monday afternoon that should be around 127. Thank you lord for a fun and safe trip to Ohio and thank you buckey's for allowing me to hunt your state.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012 ohio 016.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	98.7 KB 
ID:	9458

nice deer congrats....i hunt adams as well in the locust grove area and movement was pretty sparse through the weekend all the way threw tuesday nite. I hunt a big oak ridge where deer usually love to travel and only seen 10 deer in 4 days. hopefully its picks up this weekend i just wonder if the bucks have already locked down with the does due to the cold temps.

nice buck, congratulations and thanks for the update.

I dont think the big boys are in lock down. Monday and tuesday they were on their feet searching. One guy did see a small 8 chaseing tuesday morning before we left. When we arrived last thursday we noticed all of the scrapes were not being cleaned out. Monday all of that changed as we saw alot of new cleaned out scrapes.

Wow. Nice bucks

Thread Information