Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Ohioruts 2012 In the Stand Hunting Blog

Thanks ohrut. Sorry ya gotta work. I'll figure this picture thing out this weekend and post them. I would much rather deal with deer than people

Pair of button bucks at 23 yards. Hope they are smart and make it through the season

Alright! Good morning! Up and at it getting ready to go. Going to be a good day I believe. Good luck, lets see who's cruising this morning.

Heading to property 1 to sit in creek bottom stand. Temp is 37 but says it feels like 33. Don't know haven't step out yet. Winds NNW at 6 mph.

Be heading out in about 45 minutes. Next update from the stand around day break if situations allow for it.

Good Luck to all!
    2010 Hoyt Maxxis 31 29" Draw | 65# Draw Weight
    Lotus 3-Pin | QAD Ultra-Rest PRO HD | Fuse 8" Stabalizer | Fuse Satori 5 Arrow Quiver | G5 Peep | TruBall Release | Gold Tip XT Hunter 7595 | G5 T3 100gr.

Checking in...

Arrived in stand at 650a. Real calm and quiet. To mask my approach I used the can a few times after getting settled in the stand at about 705a. Man did the woods come alive after that.

Had one coming to me from my front and another coming down the hill from my right. Too dark to tell what the front one was, but the one from my right was a buck as there was enough moonlight to shine his rack as he walked directly below me.

Both pranced around in the bottom for a few before moving on up and out into the bean field.

Man, should have waited another 1/2 hour before the first call but did so to mask me.

Anyhow, fast forward to about 15 minutes ago. Can called again and 3 bucks in at 8am. What looked to be a shooter, a smaller 8 and a small 4.

Came from in front of me and only into about 50/60 yards. Snort wheeze heard for the very first time. Thought I was going to see my first fight as well. They since went back from the way they came.

Definitely heating up and getting interested!!!
    Lotus 3-Pin | QAD Ultra-Rest PRO HD | Fuse 8" Stabalizer | Fuse Satori 5 Arrow Quiver | G5 Peep | TruBall Release | Gold Tip XT Hunter 7595 | G5 T3 100gr.

Just had a buck cruise by up the hill. Grunted and stopped. Started to come back but now lost him.

One of the bucks from earlier just came down in front of me but may have picked me off or something else as he took off up he hill blowing but not in a manner that makes me believe it was me, but sure it was...lol

And another shooter behind me working away from me...awesome morning here in Knox for sure!!!!

Hey all. Sounds like they are heating up ohrut. I saw last night a 7 running two does around , the bigs are right behind. In my stand at 2:15,sun out for the first time in a week. Don't think it matters the boys need a girlfriend. I think some estrus might work tonight,lets see what happens. Later

Well what a uneventful night until about 6:30 pm. Up til then just a small 6 pt. at 6:30 I had 11 doe pour out of the woods within 3 minutes. I was sure that a buck was in hot pursuit. I waited and waited only to not see the big boy following. they kept me in stand till 7:15 well see what tomorrow brings. Ohrut did you get out tonight. If so was it as good as your morning??

Went to the OSU game yesterday afternoon so no hunt for me...

In the stand this morning at 620a. Late and pushing it but had a late night.

715a had a small 6 and a better buck come down the hill to my right and headed behind me. No curiosity to calling.

In the creek stand. North wind at 6mph. 32* this morning. Let's see what else is moving today!

Thread Information