Thread: woodland trails

woodland trails

has anyone ever hunted it..since i lost both farms i hunt this year and i cant hunt at the golf course till nov 1 i have to try and find public land to hunt...i went and scouted today...found some good sign..seen alot of deer in that area...just wanting others inputs

I grew up hunting nothing but large tracts of forest, not a farm in 10-15 miles of where I hunted
    so all I hunted was trails that were in likely feeding spots, oaks, beech nut or what ever,
    so yes you can hunt trails
    not everyone hunts crop lands and they stil kill a lot of deer every yr
    its HARDER thats for sure, but it can be done and very rewarding too when you connect!

i found a huge oak flat lots of acorns already on the ground....there was 10 rubs..nothing big but im not looking to shoot a buck here...just burn up a few doe tags tilll i start hunting hard in nov...

big woods hold big bucks too
    a guy at my hunting cabin killed a 170" in a 30,000 acre tract 2 yrs ago, and no food plots or crops at all,
    many BIG bucks get killed in big tracts, never know what will walk past you, that was always the thril to me hunting places like that, as trail, cam's don't ever come close to capturing what walks the big woods, just too much room to mis most of the bucks there!

Thread Information