Thread: 2012/2013 Daily Hunting Report, Deer Activity, Season Information & Rut Report HERE!

Hybrid View

11-3 AM: I set up in the same stand I killed my buck in last week, hoping to get a shot on a young doe. I've been getting pictures of a mature doe and a couple yearlings in this spot. A little after 8 I had a small 8 come in and walk by at 10 yds. Then he ran off like he was chasing something. Around 8:30 I saw a mature doe out in the field at 50 yds. She was by herself, but as she moved further out of range, she caught the attention of a decent 8 who came out of nowhere and started dogging her. This went on for about 15 minutes before they were gone. Then a 130-140" heavy racked 8 or 10 came through on one of the trails the other buck was chasing on. At about 9, my dad text me and said he shot a nice buck. He seen some of the same deer I seen, and when this one stepped out he let him have it. It wasn't till we found it he realized it wasn't one of the other bucks we saw. It was a nice 6 pt and he is happy with it. We are heading back out this evening to try to put down a doe. He is taking my boy to a ground blind and I'm gonna set up in a stand.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dadsbuck2012.jpg  
    Bear Lights Out 27"/60#
    Beman ICS Hunter 400 arrows
    Whisker Biscuit
    Extreme Archery 3 Pin Sight
    100gr Rage 2 Blade

"There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period."

Ted Nugent

11/04/12- AM. Sat one of my rut stands for the first time, finally got the NE wind I needed, its located where an old fenceline/ditch line intersects another fenceline at a right angle between two thickets. Saw a 4pt just slowly walking around and smelling, then a small doe just wondering, and then 5 does (2 mature and 3 fawns) moving from their nighttime feeding location into one of the thickets to bed. Heard no grunting, saw no chasing, not any rut activity there yet.

Meigs county

11/2 am: seen 9 doe and 2 small bucks pushing them all around me grunting from around 930-10. Nothing before or after

11/2 pm: see 2 doe feed threw the acorns. 30 min later a 120's 8 points came threw following their steps tracking them

11/3 am: skunked! 5 of us hunting and only 1 doe seen. Dunno why they weren't moving on this pretty morning

11/4 sitting on a stand from last year for the first time this year. Rubs and scrapes everywhere around it. Waiting in the tree now..

Summit Co.

Nov. 2nd PM: property #1
    arrived at 3:30 to see a doe walking across the pasture. jumped a small buck on the way in. about 5 or so saw a small buck crusing. Ended up seeing a nice 120-130 buck pushing some does across the crp field. then right before dark a dinky buck pushed 3 does across a cut bean field. saw a total of 13-14 deer and 4 bucks.

Nov. 3rd AM&PM property #2
    Skunked all day long

Nov. 4th AM Property #1
    saw a small buck as soon as we pulled in, then skunked on a beautiful morning. Sat a stand that has some ridges running together over a creek. not a single thing.

Still dont think the Rut is here yet. seemed like pre-rut activity in my neck of the woods. just some pushing going around then the deer disappeared

Member updates: Redneckross scored on 8pt, Split_G2 scored on 8 pt, Big_Holla is hunting Meigs County for first time yesterday and saw decent buck at 40 yds, h, no shot, heard from him today and he had an exciting day watching small bucks fight. No hunting for me Sunday evening...birthday party for cousin...grrrrr.

Heard two big bucks fell in deleware county yesterday. Ill be out today from 1 to sundown and sunrise Til sunset tomorrow.

Hunted yesterday am. Placed a new set over a fresh scrape line I found about 75 yds in the woods off a cut bean field. About 9:00 I saw a doe pop out in the field, hit the bleat a coule times and she came down the trail from the field, but didn't give me a clear shot. Rattled after she cleared out and had a 1.5 8pt come in on the that. Came down the same trail as the doe, but didn't seem to be following her. He did give me a clear shot either :(. Left the woods about 10:30. That was it for yesterday

hunted sat morn 11-3 saw nothing till almoest 10am. after that it was game on till 2pm. First sighting of the day was a decent buck a little too far to get a good look at him he winded me and that was the end of that. The rest of the morning was filled with groups of does and little 6's and forks chasin em around. alot of fun to be in the woods been a little slower the last two days for me. I've got the week off work so expecting good things. God Bless n be safe.

Thread Information