Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012/2013 Daily Hunting Report, Deer Activity, Season Information & Rut Report HERE!

Big buck down !! going after him in the morning good blood but for some reason he went a long way so I backed out marked trail and will sleep on it till morning .

Looks to be a 10pt
    I want to die like my father, peacefully in his sleep, not screaming and terrified, like his passengers.

11/06/12- PM. Hunted a flat between a bedding area and large mature oaks. Jumped deer going in at 3:00 on the flat. Didn't see anything else. Very calm and extremely quiet evening. Difficult to get on stand right now in the evenings with these calm winds and dry leaves. Mornings much better for getting to stand.

11/5/12
    morning hunt seen 4 bucks, a buton buck, a spike , a 4 pointer, and one nice 8, maybe 110 inches,
    evening hunt seen 5 bucks, same ones from above same stand too, and one other 120 inch 8, all showed up at very last light and just hit the food plot

11/6/12 morning hunt, cold light breeze, 23 degrees at thet truck going in, only sat till 9 am , to help a friend try to find a deer he shot the evening before,
    only saw one lone doe, and one rufed grouse
    evening hunt,
    getting a little better, on stand at 2 pm, seen first deer at 3 pm, two small bucks on the prowel, a spike and a 12 inch wide 8 pointer, they then hit my food plot, for a few minutes, earliest deer in a plot in weeks
    and then they caught a scent of something and took off like they were late for a hot date
    few minutes later, I had very good buck running a doe 65-70 yrds behind me being followed by two other smaller bucks in the chase.

then I had two more nice 100 inch class 8 pointers out walking the big field at last light just cruising
    didn't see any doe or fawns in any of my food plots at all
    try again tomorrow

Hunting a stand that I haven't been too in some time 15 days. Dragged a line in from the rear of the stand and saw a bunch of fresh scrapes and 2 big rubs on a couple trees. Tonights looking looking like a great night! Good luck to you all!

11/07/12- AM. Hunted my ditchline stand. Saw 5 small bucks and two other deer (does?) eating honeysuckle. One of the bucks was a decent 115" 8pt with decent mass and main beams but no tine length. I grunted him in from about 60 yds away. He came by later wanting me to kill him again.

11/07/12- PM. Hunted in the corner oak stand where I saw the nice buck a couple days ago. Saw 2 does, 3 small bucks, and jumped 4 other deer (does?). The largest buck (8pt) was walking around grunting and smelling where a doe had bed. The does on my property are bedding in the oaks and hardly leaving them at all so it makes it impossible to get in without spooking them.

Hunted yesterday and saw 1 doe in the evening. My buddy saw a spike and a doe together in the morning. We are not see the number of deer like we did three years ago! Deer kill-off?????

Sat n the stand yesterday evening. Around 5pm a doe with her fawn came on in, mom was hip to the scent in the area and began pounding her foot. The 1 1/2 year old came into the corn and jumped back out. There ears shot backwards and I looked left praying a big boy was on the tail and it was just another doe. Decided to take a doe and took the smallest one. I've been wanting a good eater! Laid the smack down on her and she dropped 75 yards away.

First deer I've ever shot. Pretty exciting feeling! Just glad to have got the anxiety out of the way in case the big boys show up one day soon. Confident in my shot up to 30 yards, ready for the boys to come strolling in!

11/5/12 had a bad day went to my ground blind in am and it wasn't there could see truck tracks and footprints in the field. And of course 3 does across the field. So decided to go to this spot I had never tried. Instantly saw a line of scrapes. Set out a doe in heat wick. Found a tree upwind and sat. 10 min and the giant 10pt pops out pf the woods.just using my eyes I ranged him at 30. Took aim and second guessed myself that he was further. So I just adjusted a tad. Shot went high but was a hit. Waited a good 2 hours. Me and the wife tracked him 1/4 mile or more. Then lost the trail in a field. Went out today he or blood nowhere to be found. Think this rookie went looking way to early. I saw 1 spot where he had laid down.if anyone in Perry county near irish ridge and port flamingo find a big buck with a NAP 3blade on a easton arrow. Please let me know!

Just kicked up 2 big Bucks in the newly cut corn field to my right. Walked into the woods to my blind and kicked up 6 does. Night is probably shot but I'm heading right back here tm morning at 4 and setting up the buck decoy in the field line and waiting for one of them big boys!

One doe tonight... at last light, nothing this morning. SLOWWWWWWWWW is an understatement!

Thread Information