Thread: 2012/2013 Daily Hunting Report, Deer Activity, Season Information & Rut Report HERE!

Hybrid View

10/11/12 (Thur)- PM. Hunted in a stand overlooking the intersection of two old logging roads that connect an oak grove and a bedding area. Nice night even though the mosquitoes were around. Saw one deer at 6:45 but he heard me cough so went the other way. Went to the doctor today, can't handle this cold/coughing/sore throat anymore. Get better next few days then back at it hard pretty soon.

10/12/12
    evening sit
    got on stand at 4 pm tonight, was cold like 40 degree;s and dropping, and pretty windy at first, good 15-20 mph windy, but they died down about 6 pm
    I thought for sure with the cold, and temps dropping deer would have been out better, going to drop into the 20's here tonight
    didn't have a deer show up till 6:20 , and came out 80+ yrds from me, a small doe
    then at 6;50, had a heard of deer behind me, but they just didn't want to come out, like they were waiting till dark to come out in the food plot, they hovered about 5 yrds in the tree's on the field edge till dark dark, then one after another they filled the field
    I managed to climb down and sneek out without disturbing any
    But its looking again liek last yr that my deer are going very nocturnal
    I did hear about 4-5 different rifle shots between 6;30 and 7 pm
    so I know what that is, cheaters!!
    will try again tomorrow!

Thread Information