Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012/2013 Daily Hunting Report, Deer Activity, Season Information & Rut Report HERE!

10/31 PM Hunt

Got out at about 330 and stayed til 655. Had 3 does come in right underneath my stand they didnt seem to concerned had the wind in my face. Did some periodic rattling with no luck not one buck! I am not even sure if my deer are rutting yet in Madison county. I did hear what sounded like a doe making a screaming like noise at dark I have heard before they make a noise like this when the rut is almost on??

I rattled a 130 inch buck into 40 yards. He circled my big boss decoy and then spotted my blind. He bound off but didnt snort or blow. I may shoot him if i see him again
    ive hunted my whole life, the rest I just wasted

just got off work this morning 7:00 am hurried home showered put on what i thought were scent free clothes out of thier plastic bag, grabbed my grunt, rattlin bag, and delta decoy headed right out back, set up my decoy down wind of me 17yds in the soy bean field. why did i set it up down wind? dont ask me stupid move. got in my ladderstand nocked an arrow and im ready. little did i had forgot to wash my clothes, in the anticipation of vacation for the first 12 days of november, guess it jus slipped my mind!!!! soooo stupid! any way i said "pee on it i aint waitin" so i give 5 grunts lightly rattled for bout 30 second...... south side of the soy bean field big ten pt. come bustin in yess grab my bow, and he's commin fast!!!! sees my decoy then veers to the left circling down wind of my decoy, that is down wind of me. once he gets to about 18yds he stops does the head bob gives a quick snort and he's off.Busted, crap disgusting!!!! to make a long story short, 15 mins later had a small 6pt comes 15 yds upwind, no way am i shooting him after what i just saw,then about 35 mins later after another rattle sequence a nice 8pt comes into the field from the north goes to circle my decoy downwind,busted again!!!!!!! so needless to say soon as soon he cleared out i got down defeated but not detoured, AND WASHING MY CLOTHES AS IM TYPING THIS!!!!!! 3 bucks in less than an hour and i havent had a single buck on trail cam all season!!! was gonna take a napp but cant do that not now they are on their feet and cruisin!!!! good luck

11/01/12- AM. Sat a stand in some oaks. Had a 115" 8 pt come right under me and eat acorns at 8:30. Then he worked the scrape that I noticed walking in about 50 yards from me. At 9:00 a basket racked 8 pt came under me and ate acorns. Other than that nothing. Definitely the calm before the storm right now in Jackson County. Lots of younger bucks out cruising, smelling, filling their bellies. Good time to be hunting scrapes. I poured some feed out today at my feed site and there was one of the biggest scrapes I've ever saw right beside the feeding area. About the size of a car hood and tore up. I'll be hunting over that Saturday morning.

11/01/12- PM. Sat my crabapple stand which sits atop a huge hill overlooking a grassy area where deer stage before going out into big pasture fields at night. It used to be a good one but since fence went up and cows started pasturing the area it just hasn't been the same. Have saw some deer there but nothing like before. Beautiful evening, kinda blustery with a stiff SW wind at times. Sun actually reared its head for the first time in 7 days. However, didn't see a single deer. Got excited about 6:30 when I heard something coming but it was a possum with a big waddle! Might have to bite the bullet and finally move this stand. I was giving it another year to see if it got back to near normal, but don't look like it will.

Yesterday got in the stand around 11am. I was hunting one of my really good spots in the woods on one side the creek and the other a cut corn field and to my other side a travel corridor through woods. Anyways I figured this was going to be the day to see some action. Boy was I wrong a 4 pointer and a doe later on in the corn field by herself. I think everybody is saying the rut is on but I have seen no evidence of that either. Startling and grunting is producing 0 deer !

Went out early this morning and got the decoy up. Dident see or hear a single thing by 11am broke for lunch and back out in a different spot this time in a ground blind. Crazed rutting bucks in this one this morning. Big ol' 9 Pointer stayed about 35 yards back as the does came in to eat. let's hope they come back.

11/02/12- AM. Jumped deer getting into stand eating honeysuckle, never saw a thing on stand. Windy cold morning.

11/02/12- PM. Hunted my feed site. Had the same 115" 8 pt come in at 6:30 that I could have shot the other day. He ate corn for a 1/2 hour then left. A deer came in just as I was trying to leave at dark and spooked. The disadvantage of hunting a feed site in the evening.

11/03/12- AM. Hunted in a big maple in the middle of my overgrown field. Beautiful morning. Saw a basket 8, small 5, small 6, and a button buck. The 8 and one of the 5's were sparring behind me at about 50 yards.

I haven't saw a doe in three days of hunting. I've saw six small bucks in those three days just cruising around smelling and eating but no chasing or grunting. Pretty poor first three days of November. They are hitting the honeysuckle hard everywhere I go. Not rutting hard in Jackson County right now that's for sure. The last three days were on three different properties as well.

SAME WITH US BB ... I HAVE SCRAPE ACTIVITY AND RUB ACTIVITY PICKING UP AND I DUMPED 80 LBS OF CORN OUT GONE IN 3 DAYS BUT NOT A SINGLE DOE ON CAM... THEN TONIGHT I SEEN TWO DOES IN A PLOT THAT I CAN GET 7 DOE FEEDING AT A TIME ... .... BUT NO MAJOR RUTTING ACTIVITY AND THE BUCKS ARE ON CAMERA SO I GUESS ITS JUST FOLLOW THE SIGN .....MIGHT BE ABOUT 5 -12 DAYS AWAY FROM WHAT IM SEEING .. TAKING A BREAK AFTER HUNTING THE LAST 4 DAYS THEN BACK AT IT TUES EVENING ....ALOT OF TURKEYS MOVING THO..LOL :001_005:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PICT0196.jpg   PICT0197.jpg   PICT0198.jpg   PICT0200.jpg   PICT0201.jpg  

11-3 AM: I set up in the same stand I killed my buck in last week, hoping to get a shot on a young doe. I've been getting pictures of a mature doe and a couple yearlings in this spot. A little after 8 I had a small 8 come in and walk by at 10 yds. Then he ran off like he was chasing something. Around 8:30 I saw a mature doe out in the field at 50 yds. She was by herself, but as she moved further out of range, she caught the attention of a decent 8 who came out of nowhere and started dogging her. This went on for about 15 minutes before they were gone. Then a 130-140" heavy racked 8 or 10 came through on one of the trails the other buck was chasing on. At about 9, my dad text me and said he shot a nice buck. He seen some of the same deer I seen, and when this one stepped out he let him have it. It wasn't till we found it he realized it wasn't one of the other bucks we saw. It was a nice 6 pt and he is happy with it. We are heading back out this evening to try to put down a doe. He is taking my boy to a ground blind and I'm gonna set up in a stand.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dadsbuck2012.jpg  
    Bear Lights Out 27"/60#
    Beman ICS Hunter 400 arrows
    Whisker Biscuit
    Extreme Archery 3 Pin Sight
    100gr Rage 2 Blade

"There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period."

Ted Nugent

Thread Information