Thread: 2012/2013 Daily Hunting Report, Deer Activity, Season Information & Rut Report HERE!

Hybrid View

11/01/12- AM. Sat a stand in some oaks. Had a 115" 8 pt come right under me and eat acorns at 8:30. Then he worked the scrape that I noticed walking in about 50 yards from me. At 9:00 a basket racked 8 pt came under me and ate acorns. Other than that nothing. Definitely the calm before the storm right now in Jackson County. Lots of younger bucks out cruising, smelling, filling their bellies. Good time to be hunting scrapes. I poured some feed out today at my feed site and there was one of the biggest scrapes I've ever saw right beside the feeding area. About the size of a car hood and tore up. I'll be hunting over that Saturday morning.

11/01/12- PM. Sat my crabapple stand which sits atop a huge hill overlooking a grassy area where deer stage before going out into big pasture fields at night. It used to be a good one but since fence went up and cows started pasturing the area it just hasn't been the same. Have saw some deer there but nothing like before. Beautiful evening, kinda blustery with a stiff SW wind at times. Sun actually reared its head for the first time in 7 days. However, didn't see a single deer. Got excited about 6:30 when I heard something coming but it was a possum with a big waddle! Might have to bite the bullet and finally move this stand. I was giving it another year to see if it got back to near normal, but don't look like it will.

Yesterday got in the stand around 11am. I was hunting one of my really good spots in the woods on one side the creek and the other a cut corn field and to my other side a travel corridor through woods. Anyways I figured this was going to be the day to see some action. Boy was I wrong a 4 pointer and a doe later on in the corn field by herself. I think everybody is saying the rut is on but I have seen no evidence of that either. Startling and grunting is producing 0 deer !

Thread Information