Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: 2012/2013 Daily Hunting Report, Deer Activity, Season Information & Rut Report HERE!

Hybrid View

11/02/12- AM. Jumped deer getting into stand eating honeysuckle, never saw a thing on stand. Windy cold morning.

11/02/12- PM. Hunted my feed site. Had the same 115" 8 pt come in at 6:30 that I could have shot the other day. He ate corn for a 1/2 hour then left. A deer came in just as I was trying to leave at dark and spooked. The disadvantage of hunting a feed site in the evening.

11/03/12- AM. Hunted in a big maple in the middle of my overgrown field. Beautiful morning. Saw a basket 8, small 5, small 6, and a button buck. The 8 and one of the 5's were sparring behind me at about 50 yards.

I haven't saw a doe in three days of hunting. I've saw six small bucks in those three days just cruising around smelling and eating but no chasing or grunting. Pretty poor first three days of November. They are hitting the honeysuckle hard everywhere I go. Not rutting hard in Jackson County right now that's for sure. The last three days were on three different properties as well.

SAME WITH US BB ... I HAVE SCRAPE ACTIVITY AND RUB ACTIVITY PICKING UP AND I DUMPED 80 LBS OF CORN OUT GONE IN 3 DAYS BUT NOT A SINGLE DOE ON CAM... THEN TONIGHT I SEEN TWO DOES IN A PLOT THAT I CAN GET 7 DOE FEEDING AT A TIME ... .... BUT NO MAJOR RUTTING ACTIVITY AND THE BUCKS ARE ON CAMERA SO I GUESS ITS JUST FOLLOW THE SIGN .....MIGHT BE ABOUT 5 -12 DAYS AWAY FROM WHAT IM SEEING .. TAKING A BREAK AFTER HUNTING THE LAST 4 DAYS THEN BACK AT IT TUES EVENING ....ALOT OF TURKEYS MOVING THO..LOL :001_005:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PICT0196.jpg   PICT0197.jpg   PICT0198.jpg   PICT0200.jpg   PICT0201.jpg  

11-3 AM: I set up in the same stand I killed my buck in last week, hoping to get a shot on a young doe. I've been getting pictures of a mature doe and a couple yearlings in this spot. A little after 8 I had a small 8 come in and walk by at 10 yds. Then he ran off like he was chasing something. Around 8:30 I saw a mature doe out in the field at 50 yds. She was by herself, but as she moved further out of range, she caught the attention of a decent 8 who came out of nowhere and started dogging her. This went on for about 15 minutes before they were gone. Then a 130-140" heavy racked 8 or 10 came through on one of the trails the other buck was chasing on. At about 9, my dad text me and said he shot a nice buck. He seen some of the same deer I seen, and when this one stepped out he let him have it. It wasn't till we found it he realized it wasn't one of the other bucks we saw. It was a nice 6 pt and he is happy with it. We are heading back out this evening to try to put down a doe. He is taking my boy to a ground blind and I'm gonna set up in a stand.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dadsbuck2012.jpg  
    Bear Lights Out 27"/60#
    Beman ICS Hunter 400 arrows
    Whisker Biscuit
    Extreme Archery 3 Pin Sight
    100gr Rage 2 Blade

"There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period."

Ted Nugent

11/04/12- AM. Sat one of my rut stands for the first time, finally got the NE wind I needed, its located where an old fenceline/ditch line intersects another fenceline at a right angle between two thickets. Saw a 4pt just slowly walking around and smelling, then a small doe just wondering, and then 5 does (2 mature and 3 fawns) moving from their nighttime feeding location into one of the thickets to bed. Heard no grunting, saw no chasing, not any rut activity there yet.

Hunted yesterday and saw 1 doe in the evening. My buddy saw a spike and a doe together in the morning. We are not see the number of deer like we did three years ago! Deer kill-off?????

11/5/12 had a bad day went to my ground blind in am and it wasn't there could see truck tracks and footprints in the field. And of course 3 does across the field. So decided to go to this spot I had never tried. Instantly saw a line of scrapes. Set out a doe in heat wick. Found a tree upwind and sat. 10 min and the giant 10pt pops out pf the woods.just using my eyes I ranged him at 30. Took aim and second guessed myself that he was further. So I just adjusted a tad. Shot went high but was a hit. Waited a good 2 hours. Me and the wife tracked him 1/4 mile or more. Then lost the trail in a field. Went out today he or blood nowhere to be found. Think this rookie went looking way to early. I saw 1 spot where he had laid down.if anyone in Perry county near irish ridge and port flamingo find a big buck with a NAP 3blade on a easton arrow. Please let me know!

Just kicked up 2 big Bucks in the newly cut corn field to my right. Walked into the woods to my blind and kicked up 6 does. Night is probably shot but I'm heading right back here tm morning at 4 and setting up the buck decoy in the field line and waiting for one of them big boys!

One doe tonight... at last light, nothing this morning. SLOWWWWWWWWW is an understatement!

11/09/12 evening sit, windy and warm, sat for 5 hrs seen nothing!
    11/10/12, morning very quiet and still 30 degree's and on and of rain, sat for 4 hrs seen just one small button buck
    eneving sit,warm, mid 50"s, and getting warmer
    seen 4 bucks biggest being a 10 inch wide 8 pointer
    only one more day to the archery season here in pa, and not looking good

calling for rain on Monday, the last day, and warm temps
    my rut action seems to have went south with that dam storm Sandy!
    its terrible hunting here , worse I have seen it in 10+ yrs here!

11/08/12- AM. Hunted in a small oak clearing around a pond in the middle of 160 acres of pines. Saw nothing while on stand, bumped one going in, heard one running in the pines while there, bumped one coming out.

11/08/12- PM. Hunted a stand in a corner full of oak trees, noisy as heck trying to get in there with the dry leaves and calm wind, saw a button buck, two smaller 8pts, and had a larger buck come in under my tree at dark and eat. He looked ok probably not a shooter.

11/09/12- AM. Hunted my best rut stand in a 50 yard wide strip of trees between two thickets. Saw small 5pt following a doe trail with his nose to the ground, an 8pt following that same doe trail with his nose to ground, heard what sounded like a larger buck tending a doe in one of the thickets but never got a good look at either deer.

11/10-12- AM. Hunted my ditchline stand in the middle of a thicket. Had a mature doe and two fawns come under me and that was it. Jumped one on the way out.

11/12/12- AM. Hunted a stand for the first time this year that is located in a big white oak along a pipeline. Haven't had too many south winds which I need to hunt that stand. Saw one small 8pt walking along a fenceline about 60 yards away. Squirrels were going NUTS this morning storing nuts before the storm. Saw nothing else left right after the rain started around 9:30.

All in all very slow hunting. Lots of small bucks, hardly any doe sightings, only one shooter seen all season, and I think breeding has definitely been going on for a few days.

Thread Information