Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: 2012/2013 Daily Hunting Report, Deer Activity, Season Information & Rut Report HERE!

Went to Wayne National Forrest for the weekend.

11-17 Saturday 6am on way to my spot just over the hill from me there were two bucks fighting tearing the hillside up. They were really going at it for about 30 seconds and I heard the horns smash together and then heard one jump or got pushed into the swamp or he was running away to save his life...don't know.
    11-18 Sunday saw one buck by himself go over the hill into the thick first thing in the morning. 9am 3 does come into field and the 2 younger ones were chasing each other around the field playing then they went where they come from and I saw 7 or 8 white tails in the woods where they went. Don't know what they all were.
    If there were 8 days in a week I would hunt 8 days

11/20 Saw about 6 does herded up in a cut bean field. There is no way they are all bred already. Counting on this weekend with the cold snap that the deer will be everywhere.

I hunted last night, calm winds, warm evening, temps in the upper 50's. Saw 0 deer! The rut is definitely past it's peak.
    Is there anything better than being in the woods?!

11/20- pm. Hunted my crabapple stand, jumped a doe that was bedded right behind it going in, never saw a darn thing.

11/21- am. Hunted my back right corner stand, never saw a darn thing.

Hunting sucks right now. No rutting activity, warm weather, and........? who knows. Few more days before the orange army rolls in. My chances of killing a buck with my bow after that is minimal. Maybe I'll get some good luck with the dropping temps this weekend.

11/23- PM. Hunted in a ladderstand overlooking my overgrown field. Saw a decent buck come out at 5:30 and grunted him to about 50 yards but no closer. Windy and cold evening.

11/24- AM- Hunted a new stand site where I just hung the stand at on Friday. It is located between big timber and a bedding area in a saddle where deer funnel through. Saw one doe going in that was eating grass in a pasture field and never saw a thing on stand. Breezy and very cold.

11/24- PM. Hunted the same new stand site. Never saw a thing on stand. Saw three does in the pasture field when I was leaving.

Hunting continues to suck.........one of the best days ever to hunt yesterday, overcast, cold, and just awesome.

22 point Andover story to follow

got skunked in hocking co arrived on 16th saw does andforkhorn and about a130 incher first couple days then it warmed up then the wind picked up didnt see any thing the rest of the trip left on the 26th about 70 hours on stand in 8 days

Here he is

11/25- PM. Hunted in the corner of my property with oak trees and bedding areas surrounding it. Beautiful evening but I only saw one deer in my field about 250 yards away, nothing in the oaks.

11/26- AM. Hunted a ladderstand in the middle of my overgrown field. Saw a small 8 pt walking through the field early then 4 does later. Walking out I jumped two sets of three does bedded in the hollow below my house and within 100 yards of my house. Gun season forced them to bed there where it was safe.

11/26- PM. Hunted the ridge saddle where I just hung the stand last week. Beautiful evening. Two does came past at dark and another deer which I couldn't get a look at. Deer are moving in the evenings right as legal shooting time ends so mornings are the better right now in my opinion.

Back out tomorrow with the gun in the morning and bow in the evening.

My son and nephew are at the farm down by Cambridge where I bow hunt. Yestrerday 1st day of Gun they saw several bucks 2 BIG BOYS chasing does also most of the other bucks they saw has there nose to the ground!! Could the rut have been late this year or maybe start of a second rut?? I hunted there from Nov. 9th to the 18th and we saw very little rut action those 10 days. We whacked some does and 2 8pts (115-125 score) but these bucks were by them selves cruising. I saw 3 small bucks during the hunt and passed on all of them only 1 was quartering a doe on the 17th. My buddy had 2 monsters working his ridge the whole time but only saw him trailing a doe 1 time out of 6 sightings. that was on the 16th.

Thread Information