Athletic Greens
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Smoke Feedback

Does a bee smoker work just as well as the ones that are marketed for scent control?
    Enjoy your hunt- the long sit......... the cold.......the rain and snow......the peace and quiet, it may just be your last hunt........... you never know.

Its the same thing they just named it that to mark up the price.
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=Bee+Smoker

they have pricier ones but the cheap ones do the same thing maybe the material on the pump might crack faster but no difference if you don't leave it out in the weather
    I want to die like my father, peacefully in his sleep, not screaming and terrified, like his passengers.

Thanks deerhunter!!
    Enjoy your hunt- the long sit......... the cold.......the rain and snow......the peace and quiet, it may just be your last hunt........... you never know.

I have read all of these "smoke" post and you guys are the ones blowing smoke!! Ok im just giving you guys crap so dont jump on me too hard! I had to give you guys some hell! It sure goes against conventional wisdom! Im amazed at all of this and would be willing to try it but for one thing! My allergies and smoke dont get along at all. If i smoked my clothes and sat on stand for a hunt, I wouldnt be able to breath for a week!!

Guys take care and good luck this year! Be safe!
    MJH

i cann't believe i'm looking at a 10 in. stainless steel bee smoker for 16.95 on e-bay..........OK, just before you go out you smoke your boots, face & hands???? just like spraying down??????

i should say i understand to smoke your cloths before hand.....

S.E.Michigan to live & S.E. Ohio to dream
    Quote Originally Posted by MICH View Post
    i cann't believe i'm looking at a 10 in. stainless steel bee smoker for 16.95 on e-bay..........OK, just before you go out you smoke your boots, face & hands???? just like spraying down??????
    Quote Originally Posted by MICH View Post
    i should say i understand to smoke your cloths before hand.....
    Both you can and should do. If you just start out with clean clothing you are wearing, the smoke will get on the clothing but not really INTO the clothing if you understand what I am saying. It's always best to smoke your clothing first to get it full of the smoke smell. Then when you are hunting if you can add additional fresh smoke to your clothing as you are wearing it and take time to let it go over your hands, hair (without burning yourself!! LOL), back pack, release, bow, boots, etc..
    Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
    - Thomas Edison

I hunted with an outfitter in Illinios in 06. The first thing all the guides did in the morning before we left camp was to start a fire with dry leaves. And they wanted everyone to stand in the smoke with all your gear. They called it smoking up. Some guys would do it and some guys would say I didn't spend all this money on scent control to smoke it up and would not do it. I was a suspect to it but like the romans when in roman do as the romains. I couldn't say whether it work or not. But this smoke can has my interest. I think I will give it a try. I just ordered it on line. This whole thread has been very informing. This is why I'm a member. Thanks guys!
    what goes around, comes around. (I sure do hope so)!!

big h. and the rest of you guys, thanks for the helpful info!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nope - not for me! I do not use any type of commericial scent blocking item. I take debris, leaves, and twigs from the area I hunt and soak them in water/alcohol for at least 2 weeks. Strain and put in a sprayer and apply to all my clothing. Learned this from a tip on another site. I have had deer within 5 yards of me on the ground not knowing I was there.

Thread Information