Thread: Need Help And Advice!!!!!

Hybrid View

Still cant rule out arrow problems. Your spline, or FOC (cant remember the magic number, been too long since I shot compounds)could be outta whack just a lil. The FOC is the center point of your arrow including the head, I think perfect was around 12 or 13" from the tip back, not sure though. At 20 yards you're not noticing it as much because the arrow hasnt had time to deflect. At 30, your arrow may have had just enough time to tweak a lil, and then at 40 it flattens back out. I'm not really sure, just adding another suggestion. But you may try to shoot at half yardages to see whats happening, 25,35,45 or 15,25,35.

im with so. oh. samething happen to me last year....except my problem was at 40...changed arrows...it was money after

bow problem IMO, paper tune it.

Well, I only got to shoot my compound a few times on Saturday. I was working on sighting in the crossbow my sons will be using this fall. It took me nearly an hour and a half to get that thing straightened out. But it is dead on now. My oldest son just got out of the army and back from Afghanistan and he is looking forward to getting his first deer this year. My other son is a seasoned hunter and has quite a few deer under his belt already. My daughter will alos probably be using the crossbow as she usually hunts at least a couple times a year. The times I did get to shoot the compound I was good from 20 again. Then I only took 3 shots from 30 but they were all good. Then a huge rain and wind storm rolled in and that ended my shooting. Hopefully Monday and Thursday will tell the tale. I will let you all know how it goes.

I shot again on Monday. My shooting problem is solved!!!!! After contemplating how to fix this problem I first tried to shoot. It must have been my form because everything was shooting sweet on Monday.

Thread Information